dilly

Remove and replace Front Wing????

Not being extremely mechanically minded ( change wheels and brake pads) im now going to attempt to take off the front passenger rusty wing and replace with a good clean secondhand replacement.

Any help would be good?????? ADVICE NEEDED

If i manage this then next step is the sunroof cassette !!

Edited by dilly

May be a bit late now...

Only done this on the MK2 Golf, but the method is pretty much the same.

You'll need to take off the bumper (17mm with a captive nut in the chassis leg - it'll be tough to loosen the bolts but don't break the nut!!) and arch liners, and loosen the bolts from the wing to the slam panel.

Your biggest challenge is going to be getting through the underseal and breaking it so you can separate the wing from the body. Some of the bolts are hidden by the underseal so use your new wing as a guide to see where they should be. Once it's on you then need to reseal the wing to the body to ensure it stays rust-proof.

When fitting the new wing, nip up the bolts so they're slightly more than finger tight, which should allow you to still move the wing to get it aligned properly. Make sure you align with the bonnet down and ensure all your panel gaps are the same.

The driver's wing on my Corrado is slightly rusty, and having swapped a wing on the Golf, this time I think I'd rather repair the rust than swap the wing, as I'd be loathed to mess up the alignment and damage the factory underseal.

Between the sunroof and the wing I would think the sunroof is easier to be honest!!