jaicaneso

no ac!

i looked at a corrado today, and everything looked aswesome! it was aba swapped and runs really smooth. interior smells like mildew and NO air conditioning. I really want this car but i want to know how much itll cost to install an AC? THANKS!

A/c Corrados are anything but the norm. Depends where you are though, I'm talking from a UK perspective.

Never done it but I can imagine retro fit is a real PITA.

The parts are hard to source in the UK as it was a rare(ish) dealer option.

It is a massive job to fit it. Dash has to come out to swap in the A/C evaporator and heater box. You'll need to cut a hole into the bulkhead for the pipes. IF you have the full setup then the engine side shouldn't be too bad in theory, but you'll need some electrical skills to wire it all in. If it's in earlier Corrado then you will likely need to upgrade to the later fan controller.

I decided to retrofit a Climatronic system out of an A4 platform car (MK4 Golf, Audi A3, Seat Leon, Skoda Octavia). I did the dash side okay (with a bit of extra drilling and cutting) though I' having trouble getting the engine bay stuff.

If you want to palm the work on to a garage, then they'll probably charge big $$$ - if they're experts at this sort of thing then it will be at least 1 full day of fiddly labour, assuming all the nuts and bolts come out without any trouble.

If you want to palm the work on to a garage, then they'll probably charge big $$$ - if they're experts at this sort of thing then it will be at least 1 full day of fiddly labour, assuming all the nuts and bolts come out without any trouble.

And it's an old car. They will show the interior plastics no mercy!