m4ttj4mes

kr performance zaust manifold

hi guys,

been looking for a little while now and am really struggling to find a suitable manifold (that will fit!) for my kr engine C. It seems that everywhere sells them off the shelf for the golf kr but am i right in saying i couldnt buy one of these as they have issues with steering/knocking etc...? Looks like im going for a jetex system shortly after christmas and wanted to do it all at once really... (on another topic - it looks as though the manifold is a bit of a pig to get off - yay or nay?) any ideas/links would be appreciated and i have searched through the 'what exhaust' thread but it seems most of it is about the cat-back systems. thanks in advance! :bonk:

matt

Hey for getting the exhaust system of the car as you are changing the manifold, then (don't quote me on this) it could be easier taking the manifold off while the exhaust is still attached to it.

If you want to take the exhaust of the manifold first then make sure you have a elbow that joins onto your extension and can rotate to accommodate for another degrees of angle to get at the manifold nuts. A deep scocket as well If I remember rightly some of the nuts on the manifold are fine to get with a normal socket but one of them is a bit of a pain. and also a bag of patience

thanks pla! for a minute there, it really looks as if the subframe would get in the way!! have you changed a manifold yourself then? fitted an aftermarket one? what did you go for?