bmcc

MOT Failure

Car failed its MOT on 3 very minor things

Nearside registration light

offside registration light

and full beam headlight!

Was a loose wire for reg plate lights which are now fixed :)

But i changed the full beam light and it isnt coming on, also noticed when i put on full beam the drivers side dipped light goes very faint, but the passenger side one stays on as normal, but when i take full beam off the two lights go back to normal and are fine.

So is this an electrical problem somewhere? As bulb has been replaced to no effect and weird for the dipped light to go dull and other stay as normal then go back to normal when full beam is took back off.

Any suggestions to what i can check for? There is a lot of wires etc and im sure it has upgraded loom

Other than that i am very happy with the result! :)

Hey if its an uprated loom for your headlights and it is not fully water proof, then I would start of by checking the connections of the uprated wiring loom, if no luck, then change the relays that are behind the headlight and change the fuses, as its only one headlight thats out you could swap the relays and fuses over and see if your other headlight stops working instead. Then you would know the fault.

Even if its the one relay thats gone or one fuse, I would recommend replace them all as they could all have moisture in them, then fully wrap them in nylon cloth tape or something similar to insulating tape to keep all moisture out.

Edited by Wild-Animal

hey thanks i will have a look at it today

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

cant seem to find what is wrong

i pulled out a fuse from drivers side and it was busted, so i replaced it with ones from passenger side but nothing changed, all connections seem fine etc, but there is a load of wires there!!

was thinking of taking loom out for MOT and then put it back in afterwards and worry about fixing it then.

But has anyone any suggestions? noticed there was a 30amp on passenger side that wasnt on drivers side, will the wiring need like a full circuit of fuses from passenger side and drivers side for them all to work???

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

or does anyone have a link to any wiring diagrams etc?