deano46

tempermental locking 1993 VR

i have central locking issues. it seems to work fine for a bit then will stop working for ages making it a pain to fill up with fuel let alone get in and out.:shrug: drivers door always unlocks but the fuel filler and passenger side play up.

it has had a replacement passenger handle at some point in the past as i have another key for that door. if that makes any differnce.:scratch:

surely if it was a leak or a central locking vacuum pump it just would stop working completely?!?.....

any how any ideas of where to start as i am relatively new to the forum and the world of the Corrado

many thanks

Deano

Do you notice if your boot unlocks? Whatever door you open is always opened manually, the movement of the rod then triggers the vacuum system. Have you tried locking or unlocking from the passenger side?

From what you are describing it could either be a very minor air leak (if it was big the pump would just run on) or a failing pump.

I had a really annoying one when I bought the car. The passenger door wouldn't lock with the central locking. Later found out that the dealer that fitted the heater matrix crushed the pipe when they put the dash back in! Therefore creating an air lock and not making the pump run on.