coupe16v

Spark plugs. Anyone had this before?

Had a misfire on my 1.8t yesterday so I pulled the plugs out and have a look whats going on. I then found that the lower part of the insulator had dropped down inside the plug and was luckily caught by the four grounds, has anyone else had this with any plugs before? pretty sure its a first for me tbh.

2011-12-03114847.jpg

By the way the top connector is bent it looks like you ( or someone else) may have put some side stress on the plug while torquing them in. How's the insulation? I would change them all for peace of mind!

your running super 4s in a 20vt?! shame on you! only use original platinuim plugs-they'll last 60-80 thousand.

But ive never see that before,doubt many people have.You are lucky as if the insulator fell off you'd end up with some serious cylinder damage.

Bring them back to bosch,see what they say! you may get brand new set for free since its defective parts. but dont put them in your 20v

No that's not bent mate, the thread of the adapter nut has also become stripped somehow (with my phone camera i cannot get a picture on my phone).

I fitted them brand new myself and I definitely have not put any unnecessary stress on the plug.

And the insulator nose is hanging out of the bottom mate!

I've already replaced them with NGK's now.

It should look like this;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50481[/ATTACH]

your running super 4s in a 20vt?! shame on you! only use original platinuim plugs-they'll last 60-80 thousand.

But ive never see that before,doubt many people have.You are lucky as if the insulator fell off you'd end up with some serious cylinder damage.

Bring them back to bosch,see what they say! you may get brand new set for free since its defective parts. but dont put them in your 20v

I'd rather have my money back to be honest :/

As you say the potential damage could have been very costly!

they might give you your money back,theyre goods have failed in service not due to fair wear and tear so your intitled to your money back. Depends where you got them from

they might give you your money back,theyre goods have failed in service not due to fair wear and tear so your intitled to your money back. Depends where you got them from

Will I have to send them back to Bosch or to the motor factors do you think?

I presume Bosch have a complaints department listed somewhere on there site.

None of the other three plugs have any signs of running too hot or cold either; and they are the correct model according to Bosch.

send them an email with the picture to their complaints department.They may give you a new set or your money back.unforunately its their call but you can tell them you've already bought another set of plugs(tell them bosch ones ;) )