corrado wannabe

Heads up on an Ebay seller

Hello chaps,

Just thought I would give you all a quick heads up on an ebay seller, name is jodievwvr6.

Seems to be a breakers yards in Luton, won a tailgate in an auction for silly low money, now they claim to have ran into it and damaged it in the yard! Looks like they have done this already looking at previous feedback. If they dont get what they are looking for they dont see the auction through. Have requested my money back but nothing as of yet.

Just for your info

Dougie

What is it with these prats! Grrrr better to put a buy it now and get what they want but they dont want the extra costs!. :(

Because they are chancers who use eBay as a money making exercise, and not in the spirit and by the rules with which it was intended to be used. Thanks for the tip off - will give them a wide berth.

That's the problem with Ebay, lots of idiots among the genuine people. I bought some wooden flooring last week, the seller refused to sell to me at the "buy it now" and free shipping that he advertised. Even though I already bought and paid through paypal. He demanded shipping and vat, almost doubled the price. I told him it was against the law to mislead in an advertised price. I reported him to Ebay.......they did nothing! His ad is still running and not changed. Ebay asked for feedback as to how they handled my complaint......I told them they were as much use as a tooth less dog.....all bark and no action!

It is a shame there are people who do this.

I have had several front bumpers that I have won and the seller has claimed to have sold. I get frustrated when this happens.

However I won one the other week for 99p... I was also bidding on a bonnet he had but got outbid at the last minute.

As the winner of the bonnet didn't make contact or reply I got that too!!

Late bonnet an bumper for £6 all I have to do is collect them :)

You win some you lose some I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea i know where you guys are comming from but it also helps to use a little common sense in avoiding these in the first place, not many people on ebay sell things at there own loss, i.e a taigate for £5.00 which is gona cost around £60-£70 to deliver, and wooden flooring with free postage? probably means free because its collection only?, not defending anybody but it allways helps to message the seller first before you do anything on big items or any items, you can also get a prety good idea of how fast they are by how quickly they reply..tohottorot you can get your money back from ebay if you havnet already done so,

yea i know where you guys are comming from but it also helps to use a little common sense in avoiding these in the first place, not many people on ebay sell things at there own loss, i.e a taigate for £5.00 which is gona cost around £60-£70 to deliver, and wooden flooring with free postage? probably means free because its collection only?, not defending anybody but it allways helps to message the seller first before you do anything on big items or any items, you can also get a prety good idea of how fast they are by how quickly they reply..tohottorot you can get your money back from ebay if you havnet already done so,

Yes I was refunded by the seller but the ad states free postage not collection, after you buy they say free shipping is on orders of £500 or more. So why did they not ad shipping at checkout, and also the vat?

Also ebay is an auction, if you have no reserve then the item sells at the highest bid. Or thats how it's supposed to be! I always sell even when the item only makes pennies, I always charge postage too. But then I like to be honourable.

Edit. Just re checked the ad to make sure I'm not going stupid......It say's "Free standard delivery, Parcelforce 48 3to5 days"! Now that's not collection.......Is It?

Edited by Toohottotrot

I told them when I contacted them that they should use Buy it Now as they are just wasting everybodys time. Still not received my refund yet so this could be fun!! Just a heads up for y'all!

Dougie

Cant take credit for that Dannyboy, that was the guy I contacted and they had done the same to him, I will of course be leaving very similar feedback!! :thumbleft: Waiting until I get my cash back first tho!

Dougie