corrado wannabe

Failed MOT, advoce needed please!

Stuck the car in for its MOT and its failed! :bonk:

Good news is it only failed on its windscreen wiper blades and the rear brake binding BUt it also failed on the nearside front suspension arm rubber bush (rear) and had advisories for both sides front anti roll bar linkage having play in it. Are any of these parts common with the Golf/Passat etc? As would quite like to replace with OEM parts where possible, or does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy new kits for the anti roll bar bushes etc? This will be my projects to do over the winter :cool:

cheers

Dougie

Rear Wishbone bushes - go for the solid R32/LCR items from VW

ARB bushes are a couple of quid but you may also want the drop-links, again buy from VAG

Thanks supercharged, phoned my local VAG dealer just now, waiting on him getting back to me and will ask him about the R32 items as an option. I need the links for the ARB and he is giving me a price/availability when he returns my call.

Dougie

Thats very useful that site, thanks mate.

VAg just quoted me 46.19 each for the ARBlinks, 3.46 for the ARB bushes each and 20.03 for the front wishbone rear bush!

Last question (I promise!) would be...is there a big difference in quality between the repro parts and the genuine items?

Dougie

No worries, yeah parts prices have gone through the roof...

Quality - yeah, unfortunatly the difference of 2-3 years life and 10+ for the VAG items...

I'd buy the non genuine droplinks though as they are so expensive but genuine for the other bits, you'll really need to do sides if changing to the R32 style bush.

Interested Sam, PM me what you are looking for them and if they are standard or the R32 ones.

We must have the same taste in cars as my daily is a B7 Avant as well!

Dougie