Sign in to follow this  
too hot

Whats it worth?

What value would you put on this?

1990 G reg 1.8 16v,Corrado,no tax no MOT,135K,some history.

Overall condition is poor requires a fair bit of work to put back on the road.

Good points no rust fairly good engine good basis for a 1.8 t conversion.

Bodywork is straight and no signs of accident damage.

The guy is asking for £1500 :lol:

He has absolutely no chance of that. :oops:

I offered him £500 just to take it away,but I am beginning to think I was being over generous. :?

What do you think?

How much is the work to get it back on the road?

Is it not worth just spending the car price plus money to fix on a car that's not broken with MOT & Tax that you know has been looked after? If it's not been looked after, at that millage it's probably got more problems than you can see.

Are you buying it to keep or to break for parts?

Yeah like G60Dan says, your money would be better spent on a well looked after example. At that age you really need a full service history, especially with 135k on it.

The other day there was a 90 1.8 16v with leather, 1 owner from new, and 89K on it going for £1795 on autotrader. That would've been a sound buy and it had fvwsh!!

If your just buying a car to whack a different engine in, at least buy one that has been looked after and maybe even a little newer!! :D

G60Dan, It would probably take about £2-300,to Mot it and get it back on the road. :wink:

I am maybe being a bit harsh on it as it has reasonable history with lots of receipts to back up the mileage.

Which is probably average fo a 13 year old car.

At £500 it must be the cheapest Corrado in Britain,or is it :?:

seanoVR,

If your just buying a car to whack a different engine in, at least buy one that has been looked after and maybe even a little newer!!

I know what you are saying but as a project it would seem to be a sound base as most of the mechanics would be changed anyway. 8)

At £500 it must be the cheapest Corrado in Britain,or is it :?:

hehehehehe :wink: believe it or not ive heard of a cheaper running one that was bought late last year......tho also in need of MoT but nothing too drastic :wink:

How much Rodders? Makes me wonder how looooow Corrado prices will go even for *old 1.8 16v bangers* :cry: :roll: :wink:

IIRC somewhere round the £400 mark :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i think the valver's main problem is that it lives in the shadow of both the G60 and VR6 and is seen as less desirable for some strange reason :? :( .........ok it aint the fastest coupe on the go.....but its still a car with a 130mph-ish potential and under 9 seconds to 60mph......not exactly slow in my book :wink:

Jesus somebody got a bargain there! You dont even see many 16v Golfs going for that. Agree with you about the shadow effect though, but at the end of the day, if you can pick up a C for £400 with good bodywork but tired mechanicals and you then put say a 20vT engine in it, you have got yourself a bloody good bargain IMO! :wink: :)