sheebie

Not starting 2.0 16v Help plz car needed for christmas!

I had a problem with my cold start valve so I disconnected it (electrical connector only, was going to remove the whole thing too, can had not been started for 2 days so was stone cold at the time) as recommended on a previous post:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?59947-Newbie-with-cold-start-problem-overfueling

The car didnt start with it disconnected, I reconnected the connector and it still failed to start.

Now, no matter what I try the car will not start. It turns over but fails to start. Before it would start and cut out, until i held the throttle open. Could this new problem be due to the cold start valve being totally fudged now?

Also there was a white plug which was disconnected down the side of the engine, behind the cold start valve, anyone know what this is? Im guessing this was the temp sensor?

Thanks in advance. I needed the car over christmas too!

Anyone please help, it will save me from a hire car this christmas.

What I need to know is will a faulty Cold start valve cause the car not to start, or should i be looking elsewhere?

Shouldn't do but it is cold obviously... I would connect it and also find where that plug goes...

Could be ignition switch or ECU / Fuel pump relay too - also check fuses.

Have you got AA cover at all?? worth calling them to diagnose