thesingh

Diagram for Alternator and power steering belt

nope, there's a serpentine belt for the alt, waterpump and a small v belt that just does the PAS pulley separately, very simple, no separate tensionner etc.

nope, there's a serpentine belt for the alt, waterpump and a small v belt that just does the PAS pulley separately, very simple, no separate tensionner etc.

Oh is there? sorry - thought the late ones just had the MK3 Poly V setup...

as long as it's got the standard 70A alternator it should be like my rubbish sketch below, I don't think any got higher output alternators or PAS driven by the same ribbed belt but I guess it's possible on a late ADY engine as the parts ran out :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50728[/ATTACH]

as long as it's got the standard 70A alternator it should be like my rubbish sketch below, I don't think any got higher output alternators or PAS driven by the same ribbed belt but I guess it's possible on a late ADY engine as the parts ran out :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50728[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the drawing.... Its just as I though.... I just changed the Alternator belt.. Its not really that hard as it looks...

But that Power steering belt is giving me alot of problems.. Its too tight to fit. Has any one got any advice that may help?

ah check the size - euro car parts / GSF are notorious for giving out the wrong size belt!

Sometimes the pump needs a bit of persuasion with a soft faced mallet to move too - don't take the pulley off!

make sure you loosen the right bolts to move the PAS pump, you need to slacken the main long pivot bolt the whole pump and bracket assembly swings on as well as a couple of other 13mm bolts to allow the pump to move, sometimes it's best to remove the bottom toothed adjuster bolt altogether to allow enough movement to get the belt off and on.

don't overtighten the new belt either, or it will strain the pump shaft and make nasty chattering noises on the pulleys, best leave it a bit slack and do up tighter if it slips

Hah, you'd think so but that didn't stop TPS supplying me a 4-cyl dizzy cap when I'd told them it was for a VR6...

Oh.. thats not kool...

I got it all sorted now sorted. Gave a garage £10 to put it on.. fixing cars is so much easier on a ramp init...