PeteL

Classfied Plagiarism

I suspect the answer is certainly no but are there any rules on copying the text from someone elses adverts?

My advert is here and been on for a good few weeks:

http://the-corrado.net/classifieds.php?do=viewitem&itemid=1147

A new advert has appeared and the user has copied my text so it reads similar to mine.

New ad:

http://the-corrado.net/classifieds.php?do=viewitem&itemid=1205

I think I am being abit anal about this :-) haha! but just thought I'd ask as it took me hours to right that advert...or should i take it as a compliment?!

Cheers

mmm, it's only one para and looks like it's probably true with the date changed, a bit lazy, but don't think it's worth going to court over :)

if it was a complete advert copy I'd probably want to warn people to check the new ad very carefully before believing much in it, especially if the reg was the same!

All I can see is the top 6 lines have the same layout as yours, after that it's all different. I prefer the other guy's bullet points too. Too much effort to read through longhand.

My 2p.

I prefer the other guy's bullet points too

Kick a man when he's down :lol:

haha! cheers for the feedback guys, i realise its only the odd line here and there, I guess its the laziness that got to me or perhaps just felt like a rant :-D, must be cos I am back at work today!

i'd rather see a well written advert with a guide borrowed from someone else then half the crap that gets put on there!

also.. it means you get a free link to your advert in this section too, i'd be very happy with the net result!

I do like his bulletpointing though and also the use of an email address for the ad rather than his personal one. i think we can all learn from each other :thathomosmily:

Im sure it's a compliment to you mate!!

Even then you should adapt his bullet point style lol.

Any luck selling yours yet??

Cheers for the feedback Baz (Hope you are well mate) and Abdul...looks like my add will be changing! lol.

I've had a little interest but still for sale.