seanb

My poorly G60 (strange engine problem )

Hi guys really hope that someone has seen this or had this problem before because I'm stumped now :(

I drive the car from cold and all is fine if the car doesn't move I put it under load and suddenly it runs horrible if I come to a junction it nearly cuts out or sometimes it does, and when I keep a constant speed the car suddenly judder's alot I feel Like a learner on his first lesson lol if I rev the car with clutch down it clears it until I keep the speed continuous again.

The other thing is the car randomly revs itself when driving forcing the car to accelerate if foot is not on the clutch which is scary let alone dangerous

This all started after a clutch change but it speared to be a coinsadence because I doubt that could cause as the clutch works great

Parts replaced

Isv ( not original due to price ) now running original again due to it not changing the symptoms

Blue temp sensor

Checked ecu hose and it appears fine

Sorry for the essay

Thanks

Sean

Was the earth cable from the battery fixed back to the bell housing after clutch work? Good earth connections are very important on the G60 for proper running. The main negative battery cable runs from the battery to an earth point to the bodywork behind the battery then on to the bell housing.

The other important earths are for the ECU on the coolant flange stud r/h end of head & the earth from the bulkhead coil bolt to the throttle body.

Symptoms could also indicate an air leak into the throttle body by broken or detached vacuum pipe, important one from the back of the throttle body to the ECU needs to be checked as they are prone to cracking & leaking at the throttle body end, also check idle screw is in place as they can work lose & drop out letting air in

Yeah = worth checking the earth is clean as the ECU sensors need a reference ground.

Also the ECU is unplugged for the clutch change so worth reseating the plug with some WD40

Quick update just to let you guys know

firstly thank you for all your advice its been a great help :)

i have removed the vac hose to the ecu to find it is 22cm to short pervious owner must have got happy with the cutters and on further inspection the other vac hose which goes in the back of the throttle body had seen better days. i have replaced both and it runs sweet

again thank you everyone

sean