HummuH

Any Corrado racers? Need some advice please...

Hi All,

I'm setting uo my Corrado for racing this year.

It's currently running fully adjustable KW suspension and Compomotive 16x7.5 all round with 5mm spacers. The car is running a mix of 205/55/16 and 225/45/16, with the wider tyres on the front. Brakes are Willwood Superlite's using a 310mm disc, so think I need min 16" wheels to clear the brakes.

My intention is to go with the same tyre size all round to start with and take it from there. Previous owner had the wider tyres upfront to induce oversteer but with the 225's, the clearance is very very tight indeed, even with cut arches and the tyres foul the inner arch linings on full lock (not an issue tbh).

For those who have raced before, what size tyres and wheels did you use and did you need to make any modifications to run them without any clearance issues?

Also, whilst I'll leave suspension geo until after the first test, does anyone have any advice on alignment settings for clockwise circuits?

Please excuse any noob questions, I'm new to this racing stuff and I'm trying to learn as much myself as possible!!

Thanks for any help.

This link might go some way to helping you out with the basics http://obpltd.wordpress.com/2010/06/03/tech-session-race-car-geometry/

I've used Chris Franklin's services at Center Gravity for my trackday car, he also runs tech-talks from time to time - you learn a lot from that.

http://www.centergravity.co.uk/contacts.cfm

What race series will you be racing in?

I think there's a Rado in the CSCC Future Classics or Deustch Marque so might be worth looking at when their first race is.

Also the Autosport International show is on at the NEC from tomorrow (trade days Thu & Fri).

Good luck!

Edited by Peakz