Madjackal

Handbrake Mod

I just wanted to put these pics up that I found of my old VR interior. I know some people are interested in changing the tired looking standard handbrake but not sure how to go about it.

There isn't a lot of space for much in the way of modification so reluctantly I decided to cut into the handbrake centre tunnel to allow the wider MOMO handbrake to fit. I then slid the MOMO leather gaiter over the handbrake, refitted the handbrake tunnel and fitted the handle. Despite being very careful when cutting I was still left with a gaping hole in the plastic which I never did anything about and didn't look too bad and wasn't really that noticeable. I just felt it was far from the perfect solution.

If I decide to do this in my new car I may well try to figure out a solution for covering the holes made. Or if anyone has any good ideas feel free to post them up.

You could get a Passat 35I plastic handbrake handle...

Classic Parts actually do a leather one for a Passat but I'm unsure whether it will fit. Anyone wanna take the risk? ;)