owen g60

G60 cam advice

Hi guys.

Im after a new cam and am looking at a 268 degree schrick one at present.

I want to know how far i can go in terms of degree wise... i have seen a 298 one and a friend has one on his MK2 GTi. although his idle is very lumpy due to this.

What would be the best for me to go for whilst keeping the idle relatively smooth and giving me the biggest gains.

As a side note i am running a Jabba stage 5 charger with gold 180 outlet and TD5 front mount intercooler and 68mm pulley.

My ECU has a SNS 5.5 antilag chip to deal with the current state of the engine.

Finally would i need to remap to cope with the new cams?

Also any other cam recommendations would be greatly appreciated

I have a 268/276 asymetric schrick in mine Owen, and I used to have a Piper 285 (actually 276 not 285 for some reason their naming is funny). To be honest not much between them, and if anything the Piper had a little more at the top end. Too much overlap on a G60 is a problem - you blow all the air out before it has chance to do anything. 298 on a G60 would be a nightmare.

Gains are subjective - do you want something at the top end or more grunt in the midrange? Choice of cam will help either, but also how it's setup and the amount of advance and retard will shift the power band.

Cams are best coupled with head work - otherwise it'll just need mapping again if that changes.

Yes it'll need mapping for a cam change.