ISSY

Brock B2's or Borbet A's

Hello folks,

Title say it all really... What are better suited for a Corrado VR6 and how much 'should' I be paying for mint examples??

(16" with branded tyres and wider 9" rears)

Thanks

i hate the brocks.. personally opinion, but they do nothing for me.

having said that, having run two sets of 9" rears im not a fan of them now either! Too much scrubbing!

:-s

Will arches need rolling??

Currently on standard suspension... will that avoid the scrubbing?

Ok here goes.

IMO ALL corrado's look ridiculous with standard ride height let alone with bigger and wider aftermarket wheels. On stock wheels however they do look good with a very subtle drop (springs and shocks will do).

To run 16" borbets/brocks you'll most likely end up with a 7.5" wide front wheel with an et of 25 and a 9" wide rear wheel with an et of 15 if you go staggered.

It's going to look horrendous unless you lower the car significantly (I'm talking more then just lowering springs; you'll need coilovers) and then you'll need to roll the rear arches.

IMO if you're going to go for 9" wide wheels have em all round and roll the front arches too, looks better imo but each to their own.

Either way, here's your checklist.

1) Choose wheel size; 16x7.5 all round with an et of 20-25 will be fine on most suspension set ups even if you lower the car alot. 9" wide with et15 means poke which means stretch tyres and arch rolling.

2) Buy Borbet A's because Brock B2's are ugly (i personally bought Brock B1's). Choose tyres carefully. They'll make all the difference.

3) Buy coilovers so you can set the height as you please.

4) Roll arches if you want your car to sit well without chewing tyres, beware paint may crack.

5) Sit back and enjoy the girth. If paint cracks then add painting the arches as another step.

DSC01677.jpg

Mine were 9" wide all round with et15 and 215/35 tyres, I was a plum at the time and didn't roll the arches. The arches then proceeded to eat the tyres.

Hope that helps mate.

Good luck!

EDIT: Just realised your car is a VR, go for staggered, I've not seen a single VR with 9's up front look good. They poke far too much due to the widetrack.

Also if you have a 288mm brake set up I think you'll need to shave the face of the caliper a little to get Borbet A's on or run a small spacer.

my avatar has the staggerd ones on it mate they look great but are totally useless on the road always scrubbing

Edited by shaunVR6

215/40-16's....

im prety sure yours isnt a vr? , if it isnt them wheels will stick out further on a vr as the tracks wider so size isnt important unless yours is a vr,

to O.P i have a pair of 5x100 9x16 et15 borbet A's i might sell if interested? your just need to source 2 front ones, and yea abduls right about the caliper, i need to run a spacer to clear the caliper

corradofrontdownlow.jpg