Sign in to follow this  
Buddha

Do you need US spec parts???

If anyone needs US spec parts, I would be more than happy to help you out. You will get raped by companies over here, so just extending a helping hand. We could also trade some things too if money is an issue. Let me know what you guys need, if you want it new or used, and I'll get you a price.

Later,

ZAC

i have an early style one mate...as i have a 1991 16v. But a towing eye accident has left a dent under the drivers side indicator/fog section.

I'm after a replacement in the summer (june/july time i hope)...so just wondered how cheap it would be to bring a US spec bumper over...am i right in saying they have no front licsence plate recess...they have side markers and indicators/fogs are flush fit like later style euro bumpers?

I'm sorry if i'm wasting your time as i dont have money to buy just yet...but if i have an idea of cost involved, then perhaps i'll save up and buy from yourself instead of buying one from here for £50.

Who would i use to send a bumper to the states then?? parcelforce? DHL?? UPS??

Cheers Buddha.

Sanjay :D

dubbprince, I'm pretty sure that UPS would handle soemthing like that. I can probably find a good front bumper cover with minimal scraping etc for about $75 -125 USD. Shipping would be extra. Do you have a color in mind? Also the g60 (our early version) has the older style lights, the SLC's or (late versions) have the turns and fogs that fit flush. Yes, the front is flat, no recess for a europlate, and their are sidemarkers. But hey, if you can find a good VR6 (late bumper) I can trade straight up, and we both just pay for individual shipping costs. Let me know either way what you are looking to do. :mrgreen:

What else can you get from the states then that is cheaper than over here? What charger and engine bits and things that are easy to carry back home - have a mate that may be going out there v soon.

GsixT, Basically the american peices that did not come on your cars, seatbelts, little interior peices some body styling, steering wheels, stuff like that.

it'd be good to get photos of the 'little interior pieces' your on about mate...as for the bumper, i'll keep my eye out for a cheap VR bumper to do a later swap for yours...i fancy the little US spec bits it has!

Is there anything your after this side of the waters? 8)

Sanjay.

late style headlamps in nice shape, bumpers, seatbelt sets, steering wheels, rear license plate panels, gauge clusters, etc. are what everybody craves over here. Personally I would be interested in a front late style bumper in nice condition, and maybe a licesne plate panel but that's about it. I have friends who would be interested in the other stuff though. I also sell tinted tails and custom clear turns and fogs. check out this link.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=907006

Still here if anyone needs anything else. I have helped a few out. Looking for a eurpean late style front bumper, or license plate panels, if you are interested in trading anything???? Let me know what you need. :mrgreen: