cptkirk

New to VW and i have some problems

im just got a corrado 1.8 16v, ive always liked them so i thought why not...i knew there were a few problems but im sure i get get her straight again....

first off i need some alloys..it has some 15" alloys on now but there not to my taste...

now..its clocked 85k so im gunna do the cambelt..is it a hard job on these??

needs a full service so gunna do the lot including brakes, fluids, filter the lot

it has a oil leak from the dissy cap..is it a easy fix???

i need a alternator as this one is nack

i need a full interior including the doorcards

i have some funky wiring around the coil...it hasnt got the immobiliser key so im guessing this is to bypass the alarm...whats my best option to sort this as i dont like kak wiring.

the throttle cable is sticking

spoiler doesnt come up on the switch..i dont know if it works off speed

i need electric window switches

i need the dash trims under the streering wheel

exhaust is rattling on the back somewhere..

a long list i know but im hoping easy fixes.....9im sure to find more along the way

Sounds like you've got your hands full there !

Most of what you mention has been covered before. Have a look through the search.

I've got a full interior for sale, and don't want a lot for it either. Where are you based ?

Let's have some pictures as well.

ill get some pics up for you tomoz...the wheels are hideous tho lol...

im over blackburn way..bb5...whats the interior like??

ive been looking though here all night, ive found most of what im after..but o joy with the oil leak or sourcing a alt

I'm just off the M6, outside of Wigan so not too far away. The interior is in the classifieds section. Let me know if you need some more pictures. It's a late interior though.

There's loads of advice in the search. It's helped me out a lot.

Try eBay for an alternator. Or even give Dubhaus vw breakers a ring, they're not too far from you. I've used them a bit in the past.

cheers james..ill give um a buzz...

gunna start on the VW today so i thought ill give both a wash....you will never guess what i found over the rear lights....a set of tights..o my good god lol

That's genius, why didn't I think of that :lol:

what a joke to do that lol..there off

right been having a play...ive put a new battery out of the vec into the C and the battery out the C into the vec...plan is to let the vec charge battery's for me lol....ive been playing around some bits but not touched any wiring......

now when i turn the key..the oil light stays on and the bat light..start her up and all go out..i would of thought the bat light would stay on it it wasnt charging....if i turn all the eletrics on, i can hear strain on the engine, which i assume is the alternator...so its working??? why is it now working???

spoiler.....ive put it up manually and i can put it down via the switch, but it wont go up...is it the switch thats kak???

engine sounds sweet ticking over but lumpy if reved up slowly...

best thing to do with the spoiler is to strip the mechanism out from the boot lid.take the spoiler of with the 2 allen bolts and undo the 4 bolts holding it to the boot.disconnect the wiring and wriggle it out.strip it down,clean and re lubricate.re fit.mine never worked atall but i did this and its brand new now!!

now when i turn the key..the oil light stays on and the bat light..start her up and all go out..i would of thought the bat light would stay on it it wasnt charging....if i turn all the eletrics on, i can hear strain on the engine, which i assume is the alternator...so its working??? why is it now working???

Have you got a multimeter? If you measure across the battery terminals while it's running you should get about 14.5V - which would mean a working alternator. Could have had corroded battery contacts that only made acceptable contact after you disconnected and reconnected them, maybe.

If the spoiler works on the switch but doesn't raise at speed then it'd be either spoiler control module or the speed signal from the clocks to the control module.

Stone

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Have you got a multimeter? If you measure across the battery terminals while it's running you should get about 14.5V - which would mean a working alternator. Could have had corroded battery contacts that only made acceptable contact after you disconnected and reconnected them, maybe.

If the spoiler works on the switch but doesn't raise at speed then it'd be either spoiler control module or the speed signal from the clocks to the control module.

Stone