cptkirk

help with some funky wiring near coil

found some funky wiring around and to the coil, im guessing its to do with the immobilizer being removed..it goes from the coil to the engine and into the loom..i need to know if i can remove it?? the car runs fine and central locking is fine.....i just dont want the wiring there if it ant needed...

this one has some taped wires..on it a earth to the engine...the others go into the loom but it ant standard

IMAG_0197.jpg

this one is on the side of the engine, it goes from the loom to a sensor...

IMAG_0200.jpg

this is one from down between the coil and engine..looks like one wire has come ff something

IMAG_0199.jpg

and this one, theres a plug on the right side of the valve..its a earth but for what??

IMAG_0201.jpg

Pic 2 should be there, it's one of the sensors, I think temperature gauge, Ithe loose terminal in pic 3 has broken away from the sensor on the right of pic 2 by the looks of things. May be totally wrong of course. Last is id a spare connection and just sits there annoying people.

No, a single wire. There are three sensors on the side of the head there, all the same. One for the temp gauge, one for the idle control unit and one for the ECU. The two wire connector in pic 2 is for the WUR.

Looking at pic 2. If you follow the red wire down about halfway you can see the lower sensor behind it with what looks like a green wire with black connector. Now look at the red wired sensor again. Over to the right just on the edge of the pic you can see the other sensor, looks like a brass nut. It looks as if the connector has broken off, which is incredibly similar to the wire shown in pic 3. There is also an oil temp sensor on the back corner of the head with a similar connection to these which may be worth a look.

The red wire in pic 1 looks a bit dodgy with the snaplock connector and would benefit from a bit of solder or replacement.

cheers ill get on it..i really hate it when ppl do this to wiring...if the sensor breaks, you get a new sensor..you dont start doing things like this....are these sensors cheap??

Can't remember off the top of my head, but I think they're under £15. New ones may have a flat top that the connector slides onto rather than the prong type in your pics. The three of them are the same.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Can't remember off the top of my head, but I think they're under £15. New ones may have a flat top that the connector slides onto rather than the prong type in your pics. The three of them are the same.

the sensors are in the £20 region mark now, if you refit one be careful dont over tighten them.

Also upon removal of one of mine it sheared so again just be carefull as I had to get irwins to get it out. Also out of the 3 sensors 2 of them have coolant that will come out behind it, dont worry as long as you have the new sensor next to you, you can pop the new one in with relative ease.

And yeah if the car has been running give it a while to cool down hot coolant is not going to be fun to deal with while your trying to put the new sensor in.

cheers guys.....think ill have a look in a scrap yard first as i need the large on on the top next to the distributor, and both top coolant ones...ive took the wiring apart and found its not as bad as it looks, but i would like you guys to have a look before i do anything....

the wiring to the plug on the distributor is a easy fix..ive sorted it....but the wiring from the coil has me stumped....heres a diagram....wires are coloured..the bit on the bottom right are the water sensors.....also i have no oil temp reading on the dash...

LOOM.png

today ive cleaned the airbox out and cleaned the flap above...on that side i have a long black wire with a spade on...were does it go??