dochy

bonnet release cables

I got one from TPS about a week ago, was about £30. if its the same part regardless of model then the part number is 536 823 531, that was for a 1994 VR6

Hope this helps

Thanks for the replies, been in touch with the dealers and got one for £34 - should have checked there first to see if you could still get them. Don't have an account with TPS, but thanks for the heads up Rick.

i have a bonnet release cable, was brand new 9 months ago, just removed it from my car thats been stood and not driven. i want £25 posted for it, if anyones keen

does it include the clip that attaches to the handle and the sheathing etc, could also do with the bit at the end with the screw, mines sheared...

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

volksworld13 does it include the clip that attaches to the handle and the sheathing etc, could also do with the bit at the end with the screw, mines sheared...

hi

the cable comes complete with the metal clip that attaches to the handle,the cable comprises of a black outer cable, and a metal thin wire inside it. the bonnet cable truppet screw retainer should still be available from vw. unfortunatley i dont have any of these just the cable /inner cable and clip. cheers alex