Sign in to follow this  
big_mac

1.8 16V gearbox in a g60

hi guys my gearbox has finally gone into retirement, ive been offered a gearbox out of a 1.8 16v corrado but want to make sure the box will fit onto my g60 lump.

also is this gearbox well suited to the car?

and its a cable change box - is that any different from standard and if it is will this pose any problems?

thanks again guys

Andy

hello,

it will fit on fine and it is cable change, this is the set-up i have on my engine.

altho have have yet to drive it and dont know if the ratios are suited to the engine

big mac,

This should help, reckon no problem, let me know mate

Gear ratios with 5-speed manual:

16V to 92:

1st 3.40

2nd 2.12

3rd 1.44

4th 1.13

5th 0.91

Reverse 3.800

Final ratio 3.68

G60 1991-1992

1st 3.778

2nd 2.105

3rd 1.345

4th 1.034

5th 0.838

Reverse 3.800

Final ratio 3.647

Cheers

BigEastsideVWG60

hi guys my gearbox has finally gone into retirement, ive been offered a gearbox out of a 1.8 16v corrado but want to make sure the box will fit onto my g60 lump.

and its a cable change box - is that any different from standard and if it is will this pose any problems?

thanks again guys

Andy

Well if you do decide to take it on buddy and this other box falls through then give me a pm cos i've got one sitting in my garage and its fully mint, i only took it off and bought another one cos i thought it was buggered, turned out it was the inner cv joints :mad:

anyway let me know

thanks again guys

Andy

I'd stick with the G60 box if possible as it's ratios are suited to the torquey nature of the engine whereas the 16V box would have ratios to suit the revvy nature of the 16V engine. You will have better acceleration away from the lights but noisier and less economical cruising and slower top speed I would think.