m4ttj4mes

PVW issue - December 2010 - 200bhp lightweight corrado, really?

hey all,

having some fun collecting some parts for my KR engine corrado and in the process of having some work done too. Decided to back-order the december 2010 issue of PVW (i seem to have misplaced mine!) to take a look at how Abbas Anwar's 16v corrado managed 200bhp... and from what ive read im alittle confused; now, im not calling names or pointing fingers but i cant understand how this figures been achieved...? the only performance mods mentioned are a custom straight through exhaust matched with a four branch mani, modification to the air box and some custom work on the intake piping - usually the engine section mentions everything so i cant see why he would have left anything out?

im not missing the fact that he has gone down the lightweight route too which is great and from what i can see very sucessful, but i would think even still 200bhp/ton still sounds a bit much? anyone know the owner and can pitch in? would love to know how these sort of results have been achieved.

from what ive read, the 200bhp mark, (or even really close) isn't really achievable without the 2.0L bottom end swap, fairly extensive headwork + all the mods mentioned above, no?

would love some input! sorry if thishas been mentioned before, did a relativly quick search....

matt :cool:

Even with a 2.0 bottom end etc 200bhp isn't really achievable.

God knows how they got those figures.

Pm Abbas on edition38, username corradlo.

didn't think so either, unless theres some serious stuff going on under there, but then you wouldnt leave it out of the spec list...

thanks for that! might give him a shout :thumbleft:

That cars all about looks not performance, I expected to see pictures of a smart engine bay this year but he must simply be enjoying the car as it is. Them figures are probably a guesstimate based on power to weight. But he hasn't realy tried that hard to loose weight he's simply sacked off the interior. I really like that car although ied do it very different.

200bhp power to weight is easily acheiveable tho.

Theres some very knowledgable 16v folk on ere, some good info available, club gti is also a good source.

Im pretty sure he's got a beastly engine planned for this year.

Check out his bros car and the rest of the westside cars. They don't do things in halves.

Im pretty sure he's got a beastly engine planned for this year.

Check out his bros car and the rest of the westside cars. They don't do things in halves.

second this though! all 3 of those cars are pretty extreme, i was just excited at the prospect of mild performance upgrades + interior removal (granted he's obviously gone further than this) = a flippin nippy car! i accept that 200bhp/ton is quite achievable, but not with an exhaust system + filter + inside gutted