Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

White Corrado 1.8T (unfinished project) - 1000.00 GBP in York

Price: 1000.00 GBP

Date added to Classifieds: 29th Jan 2012

Description:

I bought it last year off eBay as an unfinished project. The previous owner had removed the old 16v engine and replaced it with a 180BHP SEAT LEON 1.8 20v turbo engine.

He had unsucessfully tried to get the car running on Megasquirt engine management then had to give up on the project due to a child arriving in the faimly. The engine bay wiring was a complete mess so I removed it all along with the Megasquirt. I have since bought a Mk4 Golf GTI ECU, clocks, key and engine loom, which I have had professionally converted to plug and play. It has all the correct Corrado connectors on the end and will plug straight into the fuseboard. The clocks and key all match the ECU but I have had the immobiliser defeated anyway should you wish to retain the Corrado clocks. The engine already had a cable throttle body on it, I'm not sure if the coil packs are the correct type for the ECU or if there's a MAF in there either. The ecu is off a 150BHP model so would benefit from a remap to get the monst out of the bigger turbo'd engine.

I cannot vouch in any way for the standard of the work done on the car, I haven't checked it over or touched it other than to remove the engine wiring loom. If anything the engine bay is a bit of a mess and requires a damn good tidy up. The wiring is basically done and easy to fit and the boost and coolant system needs piping up (some hoses included). The engine itself is all mounted up, with the gearbox on and shafts connected (new clutch I was told). The car also has a huge alloy front mounted intercooler fitted. I would recommend the buyer to re-check absolutely everything themselves and would only recommend a competant mechanic carry out the rest of the conversion as well as checking over everything that's been changed.

The 15" OZ Polaris replica alloys are included also. 256mm brakes. Car obviously not taxed or MOT'd.

It also appears to have a stainless exhaust, no down pipe.

Coilover suspension of unknown brand is fitted and included. They've been well greased and look fairly new

The interior is the standard grey cloth, and someone has fitted some uttelry hideous white vinyl covers to them so it loks like leather. The drivers seat cover is damaged where I ripped it off. The interior is also full of boxes of other spare parts which may or may not be needed to finished the car off.

Bodywork wise, unfortunately it's a non sunroof shell but someone has fitted a glass aftermarket sunroof. There is slight rusting on the door bottoms and around the fuel filler cap. The grille is missing. The wind deflectors on the doors are not included with the car.

Also unfortunate is that my unit got burgled last year and the keys to the car were taken in the raid. I had to move the car to safety quickly so had no choice but to smash the steering lock off so I could steer the car. This had damaged the column and clock surround, possibly the column too. I have other Corrado's so can supply you with another lock set (by negotiation as it's still attached to my car)

The car is currently strapped to my trailer. For that reason I will offer to deliver the car for £1 a mile (from YO41)

Shame to see it go as it would make a good road or track car, I just don't have the time or space.

Pics later, my battery is dying.

£1000ono

YORK