sharpy-vr6

My first problem, any ideas?

basically today i had my first problem with my new corrado. i got in the car this morning and attempted to start the car, it tried turning over however it did not start.

im doubting anyone would be able to diagnose over the forums but thought i would quickly throw it to you guys.

essentially i think its something to do with the immobiliser system or maybe battery :/ but im not to clued up on motors. when i turn the key i can hear the starter motor turning over the car and its sounds like its attempting to start however after a few seconds it flashes the hazards quick and i can hear a clicking from the dash like a relay or something?? i tried arming and disarming the immobiliser and starting it again but no luck.

i dont know what the imobiliser system cuts off either as it says its shuts of 2 key components?? i dont know if its relevant but the last few days ive noticed occasionally while driving along youll get little judders almost like a missfire, this didnt happen everythime just sometimes. some drives would be judder free smooth as you like and other times youd have a few :S.

anyway im doubting youll be able to diagnose however any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated, as i would like to know alot more about the car.

thank you

Have you tried jump starting off another car? Mine does a similar thing when the battery is flat.

thanks guys, that sounds probably about right as the battery has been a little bit naff.

luckily i have a family member who can get me a good price on a varta battery so ill change it over soon

cheers guys i just changed the battery on her and shes fired up like a treat :).

now all i have to do is get out tommorow and change the bonnet release cable, looks fun . . . .

when i brought the car it was a little dodgey (because the clip used to secure the outer cable had snapped)

and i tried to use it the other day and the cable snapped completley luckily i managed to pop the passengers side up and remove the girll with no damage done and reach in to work the mechanism.

ive bought a new cable at the not so cheap cost of £41 from my local vw garage and hopefully i should have enough time after work today to install it :)