Sign in to follow this  
ollyb

pikes peak hill climb video - this guy is insane

s0d that for a game of soldiers!!!!

they are sheer drops there, and it looks like he's miles up the mountain!!!!!

gotta love it when he drives one handed so he can use his other hand to block the sun out.

and he's in a peugeot :twisted:

Ah reminds me of good ol' Gran Turismo, couldn't beat that car. Unless you got the F1... :twisted:

it looks just like the Suzuki esca..thingy on Gran Tourismo :D

yeah i was totally thinking along the lines of Suzuki Escudo from Gran Turismo!!! 8)

thats what you call driving by the seat of your pants! :shock: one slip and ther aint no saving you from that one!!!!

didn't watch the vid, but from what everyone is discribing that motor sounds very much like Juha Kankkuhananannananan's motor..... oh and its for sale :shock:

The driver in that clip is Ari Vatenen. I believe that run set the Pikes Peak record which stood for 7-8 years until Bobby Unser broke it in a 900bhp Toyota pickup.

Of course being at Pikes Peak just illustrates how good these top level drivers are because of the sheer drops either side. The WRC cars race every year on the mountains of the Monte Carlo rally (with ice patches on the bends) and few people one seem to notice that.

John

anyone have that video or can post the link to download it? i dont want to register for a forum just to see the video...i know im too lazy.

anyone have that video or can post the link to download it? i dont want to register for a forum just to see the video...i know im too lazy.

If you have a file sharer like Kazaa or Emule, search for "Course de Pike Peak" and you should find it ok.

I believe the film is called "Climb Dance" and won an award somewhere when it came out in the early 90's