joeyboswell

Garage in London...preferably North London....any recommendations?

Need some work doing on the old VR and I'm stuck in London (Golders Green...North West) with no good garages. I have dodgy wheel bearings so I don't want to drive far. Just rang up A1 it Stop in Barnet and they said although they do old beetles they are not well versed on Corrados so the time spent and therefore cost would be high. I went to Stealth last time and then my friend's garage whilst in Liverpool.

Abdul recommends Torque in Enfield so I'm going to give them a bell now...their website is down so hopefully they haven't shut down.

Phirm may be a little too far to drive but I'll keep it in mind.

So boys and girls....any more suggestions?

Cheers

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Anyone?!

Hey fella I wouldn't go torque anymore, simply put I'm not going torque anymore... Their main mechanic has left and the new guy didn't inspire much confidence.

Call Nando on 07870 577 512. I'm yet to use him but when I spoke to him he seemed like a top guy and a mate of mine highly recommends him. He's near shepards bush somewhere...

nando is in NW london (harlsden) done a lot of work on my corrado, from 16vt to 20vt, best off giving him a shout

nice one for the suggestions lads. i've booked into torque for saturday but after reading your comment abdul I might give it a miss and try nando. any more info on nando? is it a garage or a one-man mechanic? Wish I would have seen this earlier to try to arrange a drop off this weekend. Harlesden is even closer so I'm defo up for paying him a visit. My nandos loyalty card says I'm due a free chicken on my next visit so I'll see if he'll honour it.

Cheers

Lol, he's a one man mechanic, got his own garage at back of his house, big enough for 2 cars, done a eaton charged mk2, give him a shout, if he can't help he knows a few people on edition that can

Hi mate, what is it your havin done?

The owners/exhaust dudes are awesome but the new mechanic just seemed to want to hustle work out of me. I may be wrong and he might just know his sh*t but either way hes not as good as the last guy IMO. If I could get hold of him I'd travel hours to leave my car with him!

Let me know what you decide to do...

I'm going to give Nando a call in a bit and if he can't help I'm going to torque.

The old beast needs bits I've been putting off done like wheel bearings, splash guards, cv gaiters maybe, and a tiny oil leak but the most pressing thing is a scary noise it has just developed. I thought it might be a clutch bearing but it doesn't stop when I press the clutch...thinking it might be the engine now so need someone who can find the problem and fix it. Hopefully it won't be that bad but I'm preparing my wallet to take a hit.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Just spoke to Nando...seems like a top lad. Cancelled Torque and I'm meeting Nando about 3 miles from my house so it's worked out boss. Props to Lion and Abdul for the recommendation! Looks like I might have a good local mechanic finally.

Just dropped it off at Nando's home. He really is a boss lad so cheers for the heads up. He even offered me a lift home cos it was raining. Should be getting a few bits done and then I'll finally have a good mechanic in London!

Yeah he seems a top chap, offered to drop me off at Westfield while he does the work lol.

Forgot to update on this but anyone needing a mechanic in or around north / west london...I would defo recommend nando. From the sounds of what they have done they are pretty much up to anything. I've got a few more jobs in the pipeline and will defo be using nando and Bam Racing.