Pete

BMC pipe reducer size help please!

Hi guts, I've bought a cda, the 85-150 model, which I read won't fit the car unless I use an adapter

Does anyone know the size and shape of what I need to get to fit my MAF so I can get it before the intake arrives and I can fit it straight away. A link would be perfect lol, as there are lots of bits like that on places like eBay, just need to know which to get...

Tha in advance,

Pete.

Edited by Pete

You need a straight-walled cylinder of silicone pipe, 100mm long and 83mm inner diameter. Pick whatever colour matches the rest of your hoses ;) Less than a fiver posted. (link)

I had much the same confusion - the engine end of the CDA is supposed to be 85mm (and the MAF 80mm!) but the 83mm hose will fit over both. Go gently as it'll need a little coaxing onto the CDA, but it will make a nice snug fit. Note that if you use the top bolt of your aux belt tensioner to mount the CDA, you'll need to file the end hole a little larger in the perforated metal strip to get it over the bolt - also do the bolt up extremely tight, otherwise the belt will slip under load and make an annoying noise - and you'll have to take it all apart again to tighten it! You can also use a longer metal strip and mount it to a preexisting bolt hole in the suspension turret - bit less tidy-looking but easier to maintain.

You're welcome! :)

Stone

You'll need a jubilee clip on the MAF end, by the way. The CDA end is so tight you can do without :) I've got one sat about in the bits box if you want it?