Fanjita

New engine to replace tired vr6

With various signs the current engine is close to giving up on me, its about time I started to look for a replacement.

Ideally want one that can slot straight in and has been recon'd or low mileage. Have shown interest in the VEGE currently on the classifieds but as I have 4th dibs I'm thinking this'll be very unlikely.

So any ideas guys? Cannot contemplate spending 2500 odd for a reconditioned engine, nor similar to have mine rebuilt.

I can rebuild an engine over time myself, so would consider taking a tired one from someone else and rebuilding that. Ideally one that doesn't need work though!

James

I have a very good rebuilt golf 2.8 vr6 forsale

Has had new chains and head over hauled

The milage is 125k but was over hauled 8k ago

I want £250 for it

I also have a tired 2.9 that needs new chains and some other bits, but does need tlc

Cheers Rob

To be honest mate at the money Rob's asking I reckon the 2.8 would be spot on.

Fanjita, the golf 2.8 will be almost identical power as the 2.9 with all the rado inlet etc on

I was going to put it in my car but I managed to get a recon engine from VEGE

i would go for robs rebuilt 2.8 personally as a rebuilt 2.9 does not come up very often, if i remember right only two rebuilt 2.9's have come up for sale in the last year.

guys,

thanks a lot for the help, after much pondering i've decided to jump on the r32 transplant bandwagon.

sourcing parts for this now, looking to replace tired gearbox to put on the r32, check my other wanted thread if you have any ideas!