Stonejag

Samco questions

Hi all,

Decided to swap out all my coolant hoses since replacing the two damaged rubber ones with OEM would be more expensive! :bonk: Couple of questions before I buy though:

1) Is Amber Performance still the cheapest place to get them? They're £301 inc VAT delivered on their eBay shop, for the full 9-hose VR6 kit.

2) Are there any active GBs / coupon codes / CCGB discounts that I've missed?

3) Is it worth getting the matching Samco clip set or are they just standard jubilee clips?

4) Anybody else gone for orange? ;)

Cheers,

Stone

You know its a 30 day wait dude?

Yes, I've got a whole reel of hose repair tape until then, and the Mk1 if that fails ;)

I've got no choice anyway - the bottom hose is obsolete and the top hose is £160! My Mocal should arrive at the weekend, so once I've replaced the stock transmission cooler I can use OEM hoses from a manual while I'm waiting for the Samcos.

Group buy - could do, we'd need ten names though...

Stone

little bit cheaper on europerformance

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/category_results.mhtml?category=samcohosekits;car=vwcorrado;manufacturer=samco;sub_category=1

---------- Post added at 4:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:17 PM ----------

although just noticed that says a 7 hose kit.

i remember when fitting my samcos i had two small hoses left over, think they are for the oil cooler iirc

I might be interested in a group buy, need to change my rad, so new coolant hoses would probably be a good idea..

Do the samco's come without any silly branding? I'd like my hoses to look as OEM as possible :)

I would be interested also I have blue set on the car but want a different colour

I might be interested in a group buy, need to change my rad, so new coolant hoses would probably be a good idea..

Do the samco's come without any silly branding? I'd like my hoses to look as OEM as possible :)

They bought out some oem type looking hoses. Might of been called something like classics.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

That's a 7 hose kit. Trust me, Amber are cheapest on the 9-hose, spent hours looking yesterday ;)

Is the 9 hose kit just 2 extra for the oil cooler?

MY kit consisted of 7 hoses for coolant and 2 x breather and no you dont get the oil cooler hoses (well I didn't). May well be worth looking at Roose & SFS as they make some good kit and may be wiling steal a sale away from Samco.

I was going to suggest Roose

I has samco hoses on my Astra turbo and the oil used to come through them! And Roose ones didn't!

Better quality and cost less :)

---------- Post added at 8:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 7:47 AM ----------

If we go to roose, we will need a full set of vr6 hoses for them to copy ;)

Well, mine are knackered so no good as a pattern...(plus they're auto!) Has anybody got a good set we could borrow?

I'll have a word with them :) Roose look quite good actually, not heard of them before...

Stone

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Spoke to Paul Roose, he said someone had rung him up about Corrados an hour ago so I guess that was robo22sri ;)

Anyway, here are the details:

For a group buy with six+ of us we'd get a 15% discount. They already do a Mk3 VR6 kit, that's 13 hoses and costs £320 before discount. If the kit we ended up with was only 9 hoses then it'd be more like £250 before discount. The 26-clip set for the Mk3 kit costs £43 so it'd be similar for the Corrado one. The clips are stainless JCS Hi-Grip and come with a lifetime warranty, as do the hoses. They also do free individual postage so everybody gets their kit sent to the address of their choice. The best bit is that once's he's made the tooling (approx 2 days from receipt of a set of hoses) they can churn out one set per day! Much better than Samco's four-week delivery :D

Total cost including VAT and postage would probably be between £220 and £270 but this is an estimate. Add approx 10% for white, yellow, matt OE black and cloth-wrapped OE black finishes, and clips are extra.

So, I'm happy to go with them since they're both cheaper and faster (and probably better)! This is very important:

DO NOT SEND ANY HOSES TO ROOSE MOTORSPORT!

Not without checking with me first, anyway! Paul has asked us not to send more than one set as they would just get confused. So, if you have a good set of VR6 hoses spare, please PM me and I'll organise getting them sent over.

All further discussion to go in the group buy thread, please - hopefully one of the nice mods will move it to the active group buys bit soon :)

Stone

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

link to group buy thread

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

link to group buy thread