Stonejag

Silicon Hose kits for VR6 from Roose Motorsport

Well if they don't I will be cutting his b*lls off with a blunt instument :)

:lol: my mate had the kit for the 2.2 astra g made up from scratch and they didnt return the hoses BUT he did say he didnt care if he got them back ;)

---------- Post added at 8:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:12 PM ----------

So, just to confirm - Roose's hoses (the OEM styled ones) won't have any logo's on them, right? :)

you will want the classic vintage style ;)

http://roosemotorsport.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=137

I need a set of these asap! My car is off the road again due to a burst hose, it's becoming tiresome and very frustrating.

If I confirm now, where will I be in the queue?

Edited by efil4sbuD

Dont know if you guys are aware of the metal one way valve that you need to remove from your standard hoses.

Located in the heater matrix - head - throttle body coolant pipe.

I wasnt aware at time of fitting my samco hoses and although it blead out and drove fine i had a bubbling / girgling noise when turning the ignition on from being left.

Did a bit of searching on net and after fitting the valve ive had no noises / girgles..

Paul

Dont know if you guys are aware of the metal one way valve that you need to remove from your standard hoses.

Located in the heater matrix - head - throttle body coolant pipe.

I wasnt aware at time of fitting my samco hoses and although it blead out and drove fine i had a bubbling / girgling noise when turning the ignition on from being left.

Did a bit of searching on net and after fitting the valve ive had no noises / girgles..

Paul

You got any more info and location on that?

Mine has samco on now it hardly moves and I get that gurgle/air lock

Its in the pipe going onto the throttle body, squeeze your old pipe and you will feel a hard piece about 4 inches or so in.

I cut the pipe to expose the metal one way valve and put it in the samco hose.

just make sure you put it in the same way as it was in the std hose..

Right, this should clear up any confusion.

I've just been to Keith's and picked up his hoses - he truly is a lovely man :D Here are the hoses he had:

vr6-hoses.jpg

As you can see, there is only one oil cooler hose because one split when he was removing them. Luckily, the exact hose we need is in Roose's existing Mk3 VR6 kit! They also have the PCV breather from inlet to PCV valve in that kit so I am planning to ask for that as well, because it's in a prominent place. I am not going to get the second breather near the inlet made up since you'd have to cut the tube in half to put the check valve in the middle, you can't really see it, it's a pain to install and it will drive the price up. If you really want it you can order it separately from the Golf VR6 kit (top middle, above the PCV -> inlet hose).

Here are the hoses we need from the Golf kit.

golf-vr6-hoses.jpg

Since we are including all the coolant hoses, but only one of the two breathers you get in the Samco kit, we are getting 8 hoses. When Paul gets back to me I'll update this thread with the RRP and if we got any extra discount from splitting the first-kit discount across all the orders. Once the tooling is finished you'll need to order directly from Roose - ring them up and identify yourself as part of the group buy, they'll take your payment details and then send your hoses direct to you once they're ready. I've also asked him to return the hoses with my kit so my nads are safe! :lol:

Hopefully everyone's happy now. Shouldn't be too long before we're up and running :thumbleft:

Cheers,

Stone

The one ringed Inlet to pcv is not the right one

The inlet to pcv is an S shape

The one ringed is the one on show so is the one to use and not the PCV hose which is S shaped as Robbo22sri has said.

Sorry I am thinking of the breather hose of the rocker to the inlet

cc8114c3.jpg

The dirty oily samco one lol

---------- Post added at 8:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:15 PM ----------

We still only have 8 out of the 9 hoses

---------- Post added at 8:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:36 PM ----------

samcohoses.jpg

---------- Post added at 8:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:38 PM ----------

golf-vr6-hoses.jpg

---------- Post added at 8:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:50 PM ----------

The hose from the crack pipe to auxiliary pump to bottom of coolant bottle is the one missing

He's right you know and I don't have a clue where that's disapeared to :(

It's the same as the golf one so should be a problem though.

Thanks chaps, good job I checked! When I hear back I'll amend things. I'll get them posted out on Monday and it shouldn't be too long after that :)

Also apologies for mislabelling that hose, I must have been having a brainfart. I meant the one from the bulkhead side of the inlet elbow that disappears into the block as you've quite correctly worked out. So much for clearing up the confusion :lol:

:) I cant wait :)

Cheers bud

---------- Post added at 9:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:38 PM ----------

oh one thing i just thought of! can they make the top hose expansion tee piece longer for people with a mk4 coolant bottle?

the corrado coolant over flow hoses is about 3 inchs to short for mk4 coolant bottle ;)

going to look at my hoses tomorrow, i may sell my existing samco kit and get this kit.

Not sure which ones i need tbh, am getting confused at all the hoses :lol:

i know i have two left from the samco kit that i didn't fit, and i didn't replace the oil cooler ones

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

also i notice the inside of the samco hoses is different colours, blue or grey, i presume blue is water and the grey is breather stuff then

going to look at my hoses tomorrow, i may sell my existing samco kit and get this kit.

Not sure which ones i need tbh, am getting confused at all the hoses :lol:

i know i have two left from the samco kit that i didn't fit, and i didn't replace the oil cooler ones

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

also i notice the inside of the samco hoses is different colours, blue or grey, i presume blue is water and the grey is breather stuff then

you are correct about the inner hose colours ;)

the Roose hoses are 100x better! i had samco hoses on my astra derv turbo and the oil residue used to come through the boost hoses! i then got rooseones and it never happened!

Spot on hoses i cant wait to get a set

Count me in please, interested in a full set of 9 Classic Matt Black hoses plus clips,

Cheers, J

Are Roose really that good? Samco say they are the best in the world. How can they still do that if it's not true?

You buy both sets and compare ;)

I have had both on the same car and Roose were better hands down

Keep talking about these as I'm getting more interested all the time. I'll be looking at a new engine going in soon, would be a good move to fit these at the same time. Have we got any actual prices to pay yet?

Good work organising this.

Decided i don't need them, my samcos have been fine and still look new, and my mate reminded me that i'm ditching the standard oil cooler so won't need them hoses

Quick update - sent the hoses off this morning for guaranteed delivery tomorrow, Paul's reserved a guy to make the tooling so the first sets should be shipping early next week. Everyone that identifies themselves as part of the group buy will get a discount of 15% from the RRP (I'll update when I know what that will be) and postage & packing will be £5. I've provided a picture of the Golf kit with the extra hoses marked (updated to include the third hose we need, thanks for spotting that!) so Paul will know exactly what to produce. You are getting a 9-hose kit.

I'll update again when I know the prices for the kit and set of clips.

Stone

Edited by Stonejag

interested... but want to wait until someone has trail fitted before I buy a set... I have an OBD2 corrado.... what figures we talking with 15% discount? dont need clamp kit, i bought all new ones when I rebuilt my engine.