samg60

Golf GT TDi CCM problem

ok been a long time since I have been here, for some reason I decided to have a play with Alfa Romeo (wont do that again) and also sprog forced me to drive a passat for a while :-) however I am back and have just bought a nice golf mk 4 GT TDI (not quite the corrado 1.8T) but its nice to be back. Anyhow it has an issue, the remote central locking doesnt work, I have read the fault code as fault on CCM module, but if I go and get a second hand one off a mk4 are they all essentially the same or do I need a specific one from a GT TDI, secondly do I need vagcom to reprogram this ?

any help most welcome.

Cheers Sam

You just have to check the mhz band of yours and get one with the same mhz.

You need to separate the flip key side from the remote side and youll see some numbers, there you will find the mhz frequency...

To program its easiear with vag-com... But depends if it immo2 or immo3... I think immo2 can be done without diagnostics... Should say how to do it on your handbook

Ups... Sorry... I thought you mean the remote....

For the ccm make shure you get another with the same part number... And yes you need vagcom to code it