gazyork

G60 over fueling 12% on the machine very rich

my g60 is running very rich and lumpy gets better when it gets warm. the previous owner jumped the car off loads of times as the battery had a dead cell. so could this have spiked the ECU and this is what is causing the problem?

does this means the ecu needs to be reset? would this cause the car to run like it does poor idle and missing? thanks steveo29 for your help

you dont reset these ecu's once its got full battery charge it will come out of limp mode assuming theres no other faults

Bad or non existant earth connections can cause ECU circuit board earth to burn out causing overfueling.

cheers for the help guys ecu has been packed up ready to send to get checked. will check all earth connections

usualy they flood badly and wont run if the ecu is damaged in that way

yes check the earths , they all need to be a1 , if its still doing it you can pull the lambda plug and see if the emisions go down

and the blue temp senders can cause probs on these , worth fitting a new genuine brand one , not ebay rubbish

thanks for that. will see what the ecu testing comes up with and take it from there. thanks again for your help,

Check the 1m ecu hose and blue temp sender. Both are number one cause of overfuelling, especially the ecu hose.check its not worn or got holes in it.The length is crucial.

did it just happen ..or bought like it ?

could there be a aftermarket chip in the ecu thats not matched to the engine , or was the mixture ever set up

bought the car like it its been stood for 10 months. when i took it to the garage last week for the first ten mins it ran so bad it was untrue and would only do about 15 to 20 mph. then after i pulled up and it stalled i started it up again and it set of like a scolded cat and drove fine for the next 7 miles to the garage. which prob points to the blue temp sender. the garage had it in and not sure what they tried but he said the car gets better as it seems to warm up. i really want to get it running as i got it for a snip and the car is in fab condition. but if not it will be stripped and sold as parts. i will double my money anyway.

has it had fresh fuel ? mine ran stupid rich with some stale fuel lol , spent a bit trying to fix that and it sorted itself with some new petrol

i did put some in on my way to the garage will wait til my ecu is tested and take things from there one thing at a time but think will fill her up with fresh fuel.