Jim

Losing the love..?

i had not touched mine in the last 3 or 4 months due to health problems and lack of interest. i sat in it this evening and as i type this im back working on it with more interest than ever. i think a break from them can do you the world of good as it helps you forget all the problems and heart ache they give you.

@ 20vturbo

This is soo true! I got a new radio from Patmccrotch a few weeks ago and i cant wait to dry my Corrado as night so I can admire the warm green glow. I dry night that is, I only take mine out of the Carcoon during dry summer days now. I had mine for sale last year and when two people came to buy it and then found insurance costs too high I was glad they didnt take it.

It gets worse. I mentioned I didn't think my engine sounded as sweet as it has done for a while including sounding a bit rough from cold and various weird noises.

I popped over to the lockup today and thought "I really must check the oil" having not done it for a while. To my horror there was no reading on the dipstick (other than a hint at the bottom) and I topped it up with what must have been 1.5 litres of oil. And there was mayo on the oil cap :(

I mildly concerned I've done long term damage to my engine by not keeping an eye on the oil level :( I'm so ****ed off at myself :(

Ah bollocks, it may seem worse than it actually is mate so dont panic yet. how much mayo? am sure a little bit is normal unless temp is very hot. Dont quote me on that though.

Fingers crossed for you mate.

It was only a little bit - a light glazing. Car is off to DG on Friday, so will see what Graham thinks.

wouldn't worry mate just yet then, am sure a top up will help immensely though. we live and learn buddy dont we. i'll tell you the story about setting the 8v on fire for the sake of a 2" piece of electrical tape :lol:

Jim hopefully it will be fine with a top up. How does cold start sound now you've topped it up?

Bitch wagon?! What are you Neil... DCI Gene Hunt?! :)

No chance. I had forgotten how thirsty the VR! Am quite used to high 40's / low 50's MPG now!

Just to reiterate what Pat_M said - I think the main problem for many of us, myself included, is that its seems to be a never ending project. When one thing is fixed something else breaks. I have "Whats wrong with it now..?" ringing in my ears constantly. But i know that if i sold it, id regret it with in a week. When ive been unable to drive it due to something broken, once its fixed i realise again why i love it so much. You do have to be committed to Corrado ownership.

Jim unless you can honestly say, hand on heart, you would want another once selling then get rid. Other wise keep hold of it and persist. :D

Hi Jim,

Read your post with real interest, I've had Rado's for many years, the first one being at the age of 23 and that was nearly 17 years ago! I've owned 6 in total and had the current one for 6 years. It's absolutely perfect and I've had to do nothing to it other than routine services for the last 3-4 years. In fact I'm always wondering how I get away with such trouble free motoring when I read all the issue on here! However the main problem for me is that I only have a single garage and since buying an Audi cab last year the Corrado is stored in a friend's garage 30 miles away! I used to pay £12 per week for a garage locally but even then it was such a pain going to get it and rarely bothered. so then it was sorned and now I'm thinking of selling. But then I think I'll never find another one as good as mine etc etc and worry that I will want another one! I'm selling the Audi and will then bring the Corrado home but unless I'm in love all over again it will be going to another good hime. There' so many nice cars out there and I can afford to run something quite nice as a second car and fell for me maybe it's time to move on. I'm 40 this year and I think that has something to do with it too! But as others have said if you have the slightest thought that you might want another one some day then keep the one you've got....

Wouldn´t worry too much about the low oil level. If the oil warning light comes on, that´s when it´s a reason for acting immediately. Looks like now you´ve still caught the low level in plenty of time.

Regarding the mayo: Too many short (low mileage) or short time-wise trips, engine not fully warmed up. Give it good blast down the motorway and check again.

You´re OK for getting to DG and back on Friday?

Tempest

I had been using the Corrado for a few days for the (very) short trips to work but then had been deliberately taking much longer trips home (30 minutes or so) - but quite willing to accept it could just be the short trips that have caused the mayo. Will be keeping an eye on it now.

And yes - OK for DG mate. Daniel is taking his Scirocco in for an MOT the same morning and we're getting the train back. Heading up there Saturday morning to pick the car up again though if you fancy an outing?

Will get back nearer to the weekend :)

Tempest

I am also around and can give you a lift - if needed.

I am also around and can give you a lift - if needed.

I'll give you a lift,

The Worlds Your Oyster, Go for it!

Bud um Tssh! :lol:

Let's do a support vehicle / group trip thing for Jim to DG then :lol:

Tempest

Anyone else joining the Group Convoy Love Train - for Jim ? ;-)

Hahah... I wasn't looking to scrounge lifts folks! I only mentioned if you fancied a trip over Eric, just for a chance to take one of your fleet for a spin :) I can get the train if it's inconvenient or anything. But if you're free and a lift is available it'd be much appreciated :)

Prove it !

We want a picture of you wearing a stovepipe hat driving the Fiat ! lol

Challenge accepted... ;)

Well? :lol:

Tempest

I have the same problem with my Corrado at the moment,its sat in my garage for 6 months and hasn`t turned a wheel except being pushed back and forward to get into the freezer!!

However I`m just glad it`s there I have the same problem with motorbikes,miss em when their gone!!

What I really need to do is get rid of the freezer and create a space for a motorbike!!

I appreciate this post has been no help to you whatsoever!!:scratch::smug: