sam2.0

1.8 Scricco alternator on 2.0 16v Corrado

Will this work? Downsides? I think the Scricco alt is only 65 amps ,versus the 90 from my current one.

Late Sciroccos had 65 amps 1990 - 1992 on GTII's iirc. Scala Injections in same period of reg plates were 55 amps.

Any 90 amp alternator (diesels or earlier Golf/Sciroccos). Check three things, wire connections plug v stud connection, orientation of the mount position relative to the adjuster bolt point and the pulley "v" to alternator body face behind its fan are the same.

Edited by RW1

This is the car its off.

RW1, I can't see it unless I buy it. Its from a scrappy and the part is not located at the office I'll be buying it from.

Seems as though its not the right way to go anyway.

no, 16v alternator has a different body/casting and 8v one won't fit to the 16v bracket, you can't change the bracket either as you need clearance under the 16v inlet manifold.

If you had a 65amp 16v alternator you can swap the internals of an 8v alternator into the 16v casing, but there's no equavalent larger 90amp 8v alt of the same design.

Are we talking a tiny difference, as the one in that picture looks identical to mine, a lot more that the images on GSF etc.

they dont fit ...theres plenty of 16v parts avail , is there a reason you wish to struggle fitting the worngs parts to you r car

they dont fit ...theres plenty of 16v parts avail , is there a reason you wish to struggle fitting the worngs parts to you r car

There is a scrappie down the road selling one for £20...

I cannot find, on ebay, GSF, ECP, any that look the same as mine. They all have internal fans or different casing. I'm worried if I buy one, it'll be a different size.