gary dw

can any 1 help with wheels!

hi all, been looking around and using the search but not seam to get what im after. i have come across some wheels from a seller on ebay and before i go jumping into anything i though il do some home work first.

the wheels in question... dare rs. beleive they are bbs reps and are what im looking for. there are 2 sizes im looking at.

16 8j and 9j et 25/20

17 8.5j and 10j et30

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-8J-9J-BRAND-NEW-5x100-5x112-ET25-20-/300635035666?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item45ff3e9812

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17-8-5J-10J-BRAND-NEW-5x100-5x112-ET30-/270911946222?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item3f139c3dee

the question is how much work in arch and spacers will there be to fit either set. and is it wise going for 17s with a 10 inch wheel at the back.

i have coilovers allready so height adjustment isnt a problem. my job is painter/repairer at a bodyshop so arch work isnt a problem, thanks for looking and any help will be apreciated. thanks again :cool:

Hi buddy,

I think you would be ok working with the 16" set of wheels but they are quite low in ET, could cause rubbing issues. The 17"s will be horrendous to try to get them to work. Its 10" wide bit that would be a nightmare. You would need some serious arch extension work like what RATTA is producing to fit 11"s. He is constructing boxwork for them. I don't know of anyone who is running 10's under standard or pulled arches.

Hope you get something sorted out.