gazyork

i have just got a new ecu

i have just got a new ecu from gemany for my g60 the bosch and digifant numbers are both exactly the same. will it be a straight swap over to get her running? the guy at the garage where the car is was going on about immobilisers and maybe have to reprogram the ecu. but i thought if the numbers were all the same it was a straight swap. am i correct?

Don't ever remember g60s running any imobiliser systems unless it was fitted after market or factory option.I'd seriously advise you to stay clear of that guy for the sounds of it.Brand new ecu will come with original programming that u don't need to touch if ur g60 is standard.u can't reprogram them anyway!they run a eprom chip with is swapped by opening the ecu.

Take it from me,its a straight swap.I'm sure other guys on here will back me up. You may have to adjust ur idle setting,maybe CO level but that's it

Probably the ecu relay.

Will be numbered either 30 or 32 on the relay itself.

Location 3rd slot from the left on the relay panel.

About £15 from the dealer

no the problem i had was the car was over fueling and running rough so i sent the ecu away to be tested and then the company said oh it cant be repaired to badly damaged. so i sourced another one from germany put it in the car and it just turns over and wont fire. even with the old one put back in it wont fire but it used to before,

Check the relay,they're well known to fail themselves.it would have been the first thing I changed. Then its a case of fuel,spark and timing check.

everything was working before the ecu was changed over after we found out the old ecu was shot. could really do with a company that will build a custom ecu for me think that might be best

Well it starts do it was the relay. But still running rough do you think it might need the co setting with the ECU been from a different car? Or maybe the blue temp sensor.