Jim

Word of Warning Regarding Chris Knott and No Claims Bonus..

I'm sorry to have to do this but after cancelling my insurance with Chris Knott today, I feel I've been screwed on my No Claims Bonus.

When I took out a policy two years ago, I had 9 years No Claims Bonus. Upon setting up the policy I discussed this with the person on the phone at the time and was advised that 9 years No Claims Bonus was the maximum they recognised however they could supply with proof that I had earned additional NCB with them even though it was not recognised by them... this would obviously would be very useful when moving onto a different insurer in the future.

Naturally I was sceptical but went ahead with the policy. Lo and behold, two years on I've cancelled my policy as my renewal quote was not competitive and inevitably the chap on the phone has no idea what I'm talking about and I get fobbed off with "We can't do that sir..." - I'm not impressed. I should have 11 years NCB now, but apparently those two years have just vanished into a hole.

So I just feel that anyone looking to insure with Chris Knott needs to know that if you already have what their underwriters consider to be maximum no claims bonus, you WILL NOT earn any additional NCB with them.

Needless to say I doubt I'll ever insure with Chris Knott again.

Thats not good Jim but to be honest i though 9 years was the maximum anyway? not heard of a company that actually do anything beyond sticking 10/12 or whatever years on the renewal reminder etc.

be interested to know if anyone else has had further discount for say 12 years or more.

Chris knot are in one word! Sh1t!

They use equity red star as the main broker and they are crap! I crashed my car they collected and lost it! they found it 3 weeks later

Thats not good Jim but to be honest i though 9 years was the maximum anyway? not heard of a company that actually do anything beyond sticking 10/12 or whatever years on the renewal reminder etc.

be interested to know if anyone else has had further discount for say 12 years or more.

A lot of places I've done insurance quotes with have allowed me to put down more than 9 though, so surely there must be a reason for this? If 9 is the absolute maximum that ALL underwriters take into consideration then fair enough but it doesn't seem that's the case with every insurer..

Can't you write a complaint to the insurance ombudsman?

I've posted in here in the hope that I might get a response from a CK representative but this does seem like it'll have to be the next course of action. Of course I can't PROVE that they told me they'd give me written proof of the additional no claims bonus so not sure I'd have a leg to stand on..

I thought and believed 5 years was the max recognised by any insurer???

---------- Post added at 1:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:32 PM ----------

I've posted in here in the hope that I might get a response from a CK representative but this does seem like it'll have to be the next course of action. Of course I can't PROVE that they told me they'd give me written proof of the additional no claims bonus so not sure I'd have a leg to stand on..

If you know the date and tiem and the person you spoke to im sure the call will have been recorded, still........

If a single employee has provided false information, I doubt they can/will do anything about it, even if you can prove it with a recorded conversation.

Jim I had the same problem with Aviva.They were uncompetitive on renewal,and sent me out proof of NCD as 5 years as thats their max.

I phoned them up to complain and they agreed do send me nine years,which I agreed to accept as it was what I had taken to them.

So in short they didn`t give me the extra year I had spent with them!!

Not good at all mate but I suppose you did at least get your missing four years back! No consolation for the lost year though! :(