robo22sri

Just got some money!

I just got some PPI money back at last!

But what can i spend it on?

my car needs new shockers but was thinking bushes to replace etc

cheers Rob

How much do you have to spend? A respray is always nice lol.

If your going to go for new shocks get coilovers so you can get the car sitting right when you get new wheels!

well i have about a grand, that guy dropped to £680 on them wheels! but still not sure what size they are

Or save a few hundred and buy weitec's. The ride is pretty much the same but they aren't stainless. I had mine on for 2 years without greasing them once and they never seized etc.

Mmmmmm schmidt modernlines, gonna look weird with standard ride height mate.

The wheels will got locked out in the shed! stripped and powder coated ;) coilys on the credit card next month me thinks :)

Good decision :D The schmidts look the bizz! 8) Though as Karl says, they'll look odd on standard ride height.. i suppose you've got to get coilovers to go with them ;)

What coilies you thinking?

Good decision :D The schmidts look the bizz! 8) Though as Karl says, they'll look odd on standard ride height.. i suppose you've got to get coilovers to go with them ;)

What coilies you thinking?

I have been thinking wietecs but i was thinking that ages ago

The wheels will got locked out in the shed! stripped and powder coated ;) coilys on the credit card next month me thinks :)

and if sarah hears about these wheels you will be in the shed with them lol

and if sarah hears about these wheels you will be in the shed with them lol

I told her :lol: she said whats the rest going on!!! best put it in the house saving pot before i spend it

Weitecs are a cheaper brand of KW, and they do not use exactly the same gaskets, tollerances etc, but still good stuff. KW is more expensive, but a tooth better. Similar to Bilstein's good ones. So for me it was KW or Bilstein. I choose the younger lad of the two, wanted to try something new. Apart from my KW coilovers Inox line V1 are too soft for my likeing, the way the suspension moves and works, is indeed very good. Save yourself the trouble of cheap coilovers, and get the quality parts straight away. That improves your Corrado, and saves you work and money in the end. couple them to good new top bearings adn you'll feel the improvement, and not just bump along in a crashy cheap set. I paid close to 650 gbp years ago for a lesser brand, and they were not really the worst at all, but they are working in a much lesser way then my kw's nowadays. And they were hard, jsut for the sake of hardness.

Next time, I'll go for V3 to get maximum adjustability for sure.

Just my two-pence.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Weitecs are a cheaper brand of KW, and they do not use exactly the same gaskets, tollerances etc, but still good stuff. KW is more expensive, but a tooth better. Similar to Bilstein's good ones. So for me it was KW or Bilstein. I choose the younger lad of the two, wanted to try something new. Apart from my KW coilovers Inox line V1 are too soft for my likeing, the way the suspension moved and works, is indeed very good. Save yourself the trouble of cheap coilovers, and get the quality parts straight away. That improves your Corrado, and saves you work and money in the end. couple them to good new top bearings adn you'll feel the improvement, and not just bump along in a crashy cheap set. I paid close to 650 gbp years ago for a lesser brand, and they were not really the worst at all, but they are working in a much lesser way then my kw's nowadays. And they were hard, jsut for the sake of hardness.

Next time, I'll go for V3 to get maximum adjustability for sure.

Just my two-pence.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Have you got KW v1?

my last corrado had weitec TX's and they were alot better than the V1's i currently use, i just found the weitecs were much comfier very oe in feel but lots lower, i would swap my V1's for some TX's in a hearbeat.

Yep, inox line v1. Nicely made and fits well. And as I said works well, just a tad soft to me.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

i was thinking wietec gt! I drive my car once every 3 weeks ish :lol:

angle grinder to the standard springs then ya piky

I wouldn't swap, as I really really dislike comfort. I did not get a Corrado for comfort. An ols mercedes is better fot that. Or a french car ;) Anyway i also looked at weitec when I had to chose, but I have a car mechanic friend, who have been at the factory a few times, and he told me. So wanted to chose between Bilstein coilovers and KW ditto. I know Bilstein from earlier days racedriving, and it works. But so does kw. V3 for me next time. On my motorcycle I have some multi adjsutable Öhlins, and they are seriously good. Wish they made them for the Corrado, but they don't. Only saw some with outside reservoirs etc, on a highly tuned volvo.

Cheers,

Redfox.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

I second that of Gaz. I have a G60 Golf driving friend, and his technix (or something like that), went bust after just two weeks or so. Never again he said. Way to hard, not actually working, and just plain bad quality. Same with g-max and similar. Interalloy a bit better, not leaking, but still too hard and not working correctly.The old saying you get what you pay for, certainly holds true here.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

It does indeed hold true Redfox. They handle badly, were uncomfortable and didnt settle over the bumps at all - they jsut bounced. The only thing they were good for was getting the car low, but whats the point in that if the car drives terribly.

I think g-maxx, v-maxx and technics are all the same parts, just renamed.

They are and boy they are ****. You may aswell cut your springs.