TA152H

What's it worth?

Hi all,

I have a 94 Black, Stick, Corrado with under 9000 miles on it. As a mechanic who looked at it a few days ago said "It looks like it came out of a time capsule from 1994". It's pristine, there are no dings, there is no rust, the interior is perfect, and the engine could be eaten off of. Everything is stock, and original. I may have to sell it, but I have no idea what it's worth. A guy who goes to VW shows all the time said it's worth $9000, which seems low to me, consider this thing looks like it came out of the showroom. I am the original owner, and it was not a lease car or anything like that. It has been in no accidents, and has always been garaged.

Can anyone give me an idea of what this would be worth if I have to sell it (which is getting more and more likely). If it's only worth $9000, I'll never sell it, as it's worth much more to me than that. It's not like Volkswagen makes a car that looks half as good as it, or ever has. To me, it's still the ultimate VW, and I think to many people it is. So why is it worth so little?

Any opinions would be helpful.

$50k
............as much as someone is willing to pay, why not put it to auction with a good reserve ?

9k on the clock??

What interior? Leather? Recaro?

AC or not?

What engine??

Hi,

Leather, AC, Power locks, Power Windows, about 8300 on the clock, and it's legit (I bought the car new), original VR6 engine, that has only seen AMSOIL.

Wasn't there a one owner 25k or 30k VR6 last year that initially went up for £10k and then gradually dropped to £8k over about 5 months? Not sure if that sold or was just withdrawn but that's probably a fair guide price in the absence of anything else.

However the market has worsened since then.

I'd hold onto it mate. Give it a few more years and I'm sure it'll fetch good dollar. Markets a bit crap ATM.

9k on the clock is nothing. Give it a good detail and stick it in a garage and let it appreciate for a few years.