Bazmcc

Anyone running 16v Wossner High compression pistons?

Just wondering if anyone is running a high spec 16v with high comp wossner pistons.

I need a bit of info and someone with previous experience would be handy for me to pick their brains.

Quick spec.

Late 9a rado with 'ABF' head.

Head will be ported and polished and will be running piper 294 cams, piper vernier, etc etc.

GSXR 45mm throttle bodies

SAAB turbo Bosch red top injectors

1.8T fuel rail

Compression ratio of the wossner pistons claim to be 12.3

I just want to know what sort of clearance issues I might see if anyone has had experince of measuring up a similar setup.

The lift is 11.3 but it's the duration which may lead to the valves being quite close to the piston crowns.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Baz

Sorry, don't have the specific info you need, but I'm interested as that lift seems low for 16v cams, inlets are usually the problem as the piston cut outs for them are close and the reason why heads can't be skimmed much at all. You may get the advice you need from the 16v section of the club gti forum.

Yes I have a thread on club gti as well. The problem is that the combination of parts is quite specific to late corrados and a small handful of golfs but not that common. I was hoping someone on here had maybe fitted them. The Wossner pistons have larger cut outs for the valves but i'm not quite sure how big.