joby

oil temperature sky high on 16 valve Help please

Any ideas please on a oil temp issue with my 16 valve before i lose the remainder of my hair, ha ha, Iv`e been having this issue for a while now and have not been using it because of it, The oil temp on the mfa gets upto 126+ on a run and around town sits between 100 and 120, i have just been and bought a new sensor that sits at the back of the head and its now even worse as sat in the garage from cold it took under 5 mins to reach 60 then went up to 112 within 10 minutes of idle, the water temp reached just under 90 before the fans ran which then drops the oil temp a few degrees but goes back up as soon as the fan stops, the heat exchanger is only a couple of years old and have replaced the thermostat only a few months ago, im wondering if this is a mfa issue as when you pull the dipstick you can still bear the oil on your fingers. surely if it was as hot as 112 it would be too hot to touch. Any ideas would be great or anyones experience with a simillar problem

get an MOT station to check your oil temp, they have sump probes, or use an infrared thermometer if you have or know someone with one, you may just have a ropey earth on the head or the wiring might be dubious, tends to rot near the sensor.