Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

Shilakadaddy's G60

1991 Corrado G60 - Tornado Red

Bought back in March 2004, sold in May 2006. Previously owned by Stealth Racing, although thats not who I bought it off, most of the engine work done to this car was done by them when they owned it, apparently putting out 195bhp... however once I got hold of the car I made a few changes of my own. My eventual goal was to have 200bhp @ the wheels, however I would have needed quite a bit more work to achieve this!

I only ever attended one rolling road, which was a group session organised by DemonVW.co.uk held at Well Lane. The car made 197bhp @ 6400rpm. I have to admit I was disappointed not to make over 200bhp, especially considering the spec of the engine, however I managed to make myself feel better by questioning the accuracy of the figure, given that it was suggesting I made peak power at 6400rpm on standard cams!? :lol:

All work done to the car under my ownership was carried out by myself (with a fair bit of guidance from my dad!), and I have to say I've learned a huge amount from working on this car! Unfortunately I started a few things that never got finished - Audi door handle conversion, and late spec interior! But luckily my friend Karl has a G60 too, so I may get to see those things finished one day, even if not on my car.

I never did any ground breaking mods or styling, but none the less I think I ended up with a pretty nice Corrado and it was a real shame to see it go!

Specification:

Engine

- G-Werks Stage 4 Supercharger

- 68mm Pulley

- Golf G60 Front Mount Intercooler

- Bar-Tek Alloy Pipework

- Red Top Injectors

- SNS Stage 5 Chip

- Gas Flowed Head

- Boost Return Removed

- Supersprint Exhaust

- Milltek Decat

- Oil Cooler

- K&N Panel Filter

- Custom Cold Air Intake Feed

- Bosch W5DPO Sparkplugs

- Vibratechnic Mounts

Wheels and Suspension

- 17" BBS RC Alloys

- FK Konigsport Coilovers

- Eibach Anti-Roll Bars

- OMP Strutbrace

Exterior

- Reiger Grille

- Side Strips Removed

- Debadged

- Front Bumper Numberplate Aperture

Interior

- DDI Reverse Glow Dials

- Aluminium Dial Surrounds

ICE

- Sony CDX-M630 Head Unit

- Pioneer Front and Rear Speakers

- Resonant Engineering SX12 Subwoofer

- Viper d1200.1 Mono Amp

31-03-2004 - When I bought it

normal_01_02.jpg

normal_01_01.jpg

normal_01_03.jpg

Some Random Pictures

normal_IMG_0872.JPG

normal_IMG_0983.JPG

normal_IMG_1506.JPG

normal_IMG_1540.JPG

normal_IMG_1561.JPG

normal_IMG_1912.JPG

01-05-2006 - When I sold it

normal_IMG_1928.JPG

normal_IMG_1921.JPG

normal_IMG_1917.JPG

More pictures here:

http://www.section-5.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=3

Chris :)

Looks familar enough - used to admire that car parked out the front of Stealths workshops every time I went to have work done there :)

Good purchase - sure it'll give you many happy miles :D

like that last pic :wink: :D 8)

lol thanks :-P I'm a little bit worried about making my car look exactly the same as yours, so I probably won't do the number plate recess fill thing... that'll make all the difference :wink: :lol:

isnt the last pic of bournmouth james car with the calibra skirts...i like it. I like your car too!

Yeah I did a photoshop of his car ages ago and posted it on here... now I've changed it to red, lol

Thanks for all the comments guys :D

like that last pic :wink: :D 8)

lol thanks :-P I'm a little bit worried about making my car look exactly the same as yours, so I probably won't do the number plate recess fill thing... that'll make all the difference :wink: :lol:

If you don't, it will be the same as everyone else's :wink: I wouldn't be worried, just do it mate. I'm yet to copyright it LOL :)

So is the bottom pic what your aiming for? I do like the wheels 8)

Yeah pretty much, I've never seen a bodykit or huge add on to the corrado that I've liked, so although it doesn't look anything totally different or original, I think it looks best. 8)

I love those wheels too, but I doubt I'll be able to get hold of any as they're no longer in production.. supposedly theres a company that still has some, but whether they have them in corrado fitment or not is a different matter. So I'm on the look out for similar style wheels that also look good :)

Alright

I'm pretty sure as the Lions are enlarged cyclones pretty sure they only make them in Pug/ford fittment with the PCD being different don't think you'll be able to get them on a VAG car.

If you want to get hold of a set go on the puegeot 306 GTi 6 forum and search for lions as a guy on there has access to some. (you proly already know this)

BTW I'm from the PGAC to (your secrets safe with me) :D as Dave_xsi.

Alright

I'm pretty sure as the Lions are enlarged cyclones pretty sure they only make them in Pug/ford fittment with the PCD being different don't think you'll be able to get them on a VAG car.

If you want to get hold of a set go on the puegeot 306 GTi 6 forum and search for lions as a guy on there has access to some. (you proly already know this)

BTW I'm from the PGAC to (your secrets safe with me) :D as Dave_xsi.

Doh! :(

I'll have to give wheelmania a call and find out whether they come in any other fitment... although looking at gti6.com it seems that nobody's actually recieved any from them yet :roll:

thanks for the tip anyway mate :)

So what you doing venturing away from the PGAC (my previous home for anyone interested)? not thinking about getting a Corrado are you? :D

if you did that last pic you are way cool with photoshop! man loving the sideskirts... and the wing mirrors.... i wish i was that good at photoshop...

also how do you cange the entire car colour ... coz all teh shading is still there as it should be?

if you did that last pic you are way cool with photoshop! man loving the sideskirts... and the wing mirrors.... i wish i was that good at photoshop...

also how do you cange the entire car colour ... coz all teh shading is still there as it should be?

Lol Cheers :)

It looks more realistic when it was done in black, but I changed it when I got my car :-P If you've got photoshop all you need to do to change the colour of a car is select all the parts that are coloured (for above select everything that is red) using the Lasso Tool, then go to Image > Adjustments > Colour Balance, and then play with all the bars till you get the colour you want.

I'm not that good at photoshop really, I just spend ages doing things so they look as good as I can make them. But this Guy!!!

http://www.iacoski.com/

:shock: :shock: :shock: I've never seen someone make the images look that real!

Oh and the car that I've been photoshopping started off as Bournmouth James's Corrado >> http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2340

Update:

Car's been off the road for about a month getting some work done to it. It was due a charger rebuild, so I sent that off to G-werks for a stage 4 (already had 68mm pulley, so figured it'd be worth the extra money).

Also figured while I couldn't drive it as it had no supercharger, I'd sort a few other things too...

Fitted Oil Cooler

Replaced filter with K&N panel filter

Removed Air box Snorkel

Boost return Mod

Removed Carbon Canister

Replaced Spark Plugs with W5DPO

Changed engine oil for Quantium Silver 10W40

Resprayed passenger door

Finally got the car back this week, and have since covered my 'run in' period of 250 miles with the new charger. It drives sweet now... difficult to tell if theres been a performance increase, as I was without the car for so long, but I'm happy none the less. I'm finding the noise of the boost return dump highly amusing!! :) I think it does make the car sound and feel a lot more powerful, lol!

Anyway gave it a real good wash at my flat mates parents house, and he gave his car a good wash too... so we took some pictures which I'll add to the thread later on :)

But this one is cool, photoshopped, but still think it looks sweet :D

pic thumbnailed-vr6storm

Chris :)

my wheels? Cos I'd love to get some new ones if you'd be interested in purchasing? :D probs couldn't happen for a while as I have no money, but if I could sell my old ones I wouldn't have to raise as much cash from elsewhere :wink:

don't really know much about them to be honest :oops: They're 16" x 7.0" I believe, however I don't know the offset. They fit onto the C with no problems, but for the best look I think I'd put 20mm spacers on (which I'm tempted to do). The front 2 need refurbing I think... the fella that sold me the car said he used some really abbrasive pads on them, which covered them in brake dust which he didn't clean off for a while, and now won't come off at all! The back 2 are in great condition, and none of the wheels have kerbing on them.

Got 2 new tyres on the back (Eagle F1's), and the fronts are about half worn.. I think what I'm indending to do is replace the wheels when I need new tyres. So by the time I come to sell these, 2 new front tyres will be needed, and the backs will be half worn (or maybe not that bad since they're on the back and won't get as much wear) :)

Update:

Bought a couple of new parts for the C, and taken a couple of pictures today, so I thought I'd update this thread... now with all the new pictures (and progress) on the first page :)

Bought Jay's (G60Renshaws) BBS RC's (that was a long drive) and also some Konigsport Coilovers... I've also fitted a cold air feed since the last update. Hopefully soon I shall be getting a couple of engine things (stuff in my sig) and then I'll get it on the RR at Stealth :D... spending lots of money atm :roll:

I'll fit the RC's when the weathers better, and after getting the car on the rollers, then there shall be many more pics :)

Chris

Hurry up and get the RC's on!! :)

Yeah I know! I'm itching to get them on, but gonna wait till I've got everything else sorted first, then get all the geometry set up etc. :D

I'll get it sorted asap :)

Update:

Finally fitted the BBS RC's and lowered the ride height a bit more... I now have many unhealthy noises that I need to investigate :roll: but it looks cool, which is the main thing! 8) :lol: Should be fitting my Red Top Injectors and SNS Chip tomorrow.. but not a lot to see there... and then I'll get it over to Stealth for a tune-up / health check :) Should be sorting a couple of interior things in the near future too... such as fitting a late spec dash (if all goes to plan) some nice gauges and my DDI dials... so lots to do! :)

More pictures on page 1

Wow.. really really looks superb mate. Pretty much my ideal styling for a Corrado.. low, Rieger grille, and superb choice of wheels. And I still feel that the Corrado looks so damn clean in red.

Really nice mate :)

Thanks Jim! :)

I do enjoy the red... however I think wheels suit the aqua blue better (Bally's car basically).. but its certainly a huge improvement on my old wheels, which were definitely looking a little worse for ware.