VR6Pete

PAS fluid - is this ok for Corrado?

As shown below pic, is it the right stuff?

It's green...

5284e6e5-723e-e157.jpg

Cheers

Pete

well at least it's not ATF :)

should be fine, people will swear by VW supplied stuff and to be fair it's not very expensive in comparison, but the bottom line is VW hydraulic components use generic green hydraulic fluid in other manufacturers cars (PAS pumps in french cars for instance) and I don't think I've ever used genuine VAG stuff in a car of mine, apart from a very old golf - which the PAS pump went on :)

There is ATF in there at the moment, just got 2 litres of that green stuff to flush all the ATF out!! its all just the same generic fluid :) lol as long as it aint gonna melt my system i dont really mind, has to be better than the ATF and on the bottle it says it matches the VW G002004 specification?

mines in a clear bottle and is green, totally different from what you've just put up....

ive just done a flush on mine... well infact 2 flushes as i got 2 litres.

All nice and green now. still a little noisey until the air has escaped the system but now peace of mind knowing there is no ATF in there.

I put some of this http://www.directcarparts.co.uk/product/70/xpf500/carlube-power-steering-fluid-500ml-bottle.html (similar, may not be exact) in my car, said it was suitable for all cars, it completely ****ED my power steering pump and had to replace it, it was too thick compared to the VW green stuff. just a heads up.

That's ATF fluid!!!! not LHM (citroen hydraulic suspension) type CHF fluid, google dexron! -- "Dexron is the trade name for a group of technical specifications of automatic transmission fluid"

I was joking about the ATF :(