Drakie

Help cars not starting

Hi all new to corrados got a problem with my car I have a 2lt 16v that won't start was working fine the other day but I have had it up on axle stands for most of the week to change the exhaust the car never had alot of fuel but after sorting the exhaust out went to start my car up and the engine turns but does not fire I have not played with anything else. Any ideas will be great I have put the bat on charge to make sure it's got enough juice to start it and I have got more fuel for her.

Help please

Try it again once the battery has had a full charge and you have put the fuel in. If you havent touched anything else whilst fixing the exhaust then what else could it be? Did you do any welding to the exhaust?

Did you mess with any wiring when you were doing the exhaust, Lambda sensor maybe? Does the car have an immobiliser? Check the fuses are all good, and especially the fuel pump fuse, and make sure all the relays are pushed it tightly.

Lambda wont prevent it from starting unfortunately, but a nice thought. was the exhaust blowing badly near the manifold? if so, when fixed the fueling can be greatly effected. although again i dont think it could prevent it from starting.

Might be worth checking the cold start injector.. if youve got a spark thats about all that can be wrong electrically.

It's ok mate thanks for your help managed to get it started in the end think it must have been flooded not that I can see how it got flooded.

Thanks mate

yeah, that sounds about right, may be running a bit rich if youve had a few exhaust blows previously.

But as long as its all good now :)