deane1989

car wont start

it will bump start lights and wipers work ok. no sound when turning it over. possibly starter motor or ignition switch any ideas ??

what noises can you hear when you turn the ignition?

if there's clicking from the solenoid it may be the starter motor that is dead

if there's no sound whatsoever if might well be the ignition switch is shagged, which seems fairly common on these cars

perhaps try bypassing the ignition switch and try starting it that way? (..make sure it's in neutral :D)

there seems to be no clicking form the solenoid I had a good look about and found this wire disconnected but cant find where it connects into. im not sure if its something after market because all the original wiring seems to have plugs not spade connectors. a mates bringing a multimeter round later as all my tools are in Portsmouth [ATTACH=CONFIG]59569[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59573[/ATTACH]

Did you get this sorted mate as i have just developed the exact same fault today.All the electrics work but the car wont turn over.It bump starts piece of cake but nothing when i turn the key?Any ideas