Sign in to follow this  
Dec

Foglight removal

Its my first attempt at this...so I want to try and minimise the amount of damage I can cause!! :oops:

Finally got around to replacing the cracked front fogs for my 1.8 16V....I've been told to remove the old ones by taking out two screws from the front indicator/fog unit and then they should clip out if pushed towards the centre of the car!! BUT...I cant even seem to find the screws to be removed! Does it involve getting underneath the car and removing from the units from inside???

think the screws are hidden by a plastic/rubber cover on the fog lamp side of the indicator lens, should just lever out.

Ok, the only thing I can find on the foglight side of the indicator is the small screw behind the rubber plug thing, for adjusting the beam height!! I didn't think this had anything to do with removing the unit!?!?!

IIRC, try sliding the indicators to one side... this should release them

Job done!!

Thanks lads...just required a bit of force....just didn't want to force anything too hard when I didn't know which direction to be pushing it!!!!