wannabecorradoowner

ASSISTANCE NEEDED PLEASE.. VR6 1994 ABS Modulator....

Hi guys,

So after taking my beloved Rado in for the MomentOfTerror it came up with two fault codes regarding the braking system. One was the offside front wheel speed sensor (fixed 127 pounds later) and the other is the ABS modulator. My mechanic checked for water ingress/grime build up on the connectors and they're all good so looks like I need a new unit! BBA Reman will do an exchange for 525 pounds but this is well out of my price range, especially considering there are a number of other issues to be addressed if I want the car to pass MOT.

Does anyone have a working ABS modulator they would be willing to sell for a fair price? Any feedback would be great, thanks in advance!!

Dan

Guys, Im thoroughly confused. I was told I need a new Abs Pump/Modulator. Sites such as BBA Reman are selling ABS Pump/Modulator/Control Unit as one...but these are 3 seperate units right?! I can see that the pump is the thing under the bonnet with all the pipes going into it (part number 356 614 217 if my eyesight is correct) and the ECU or 'Control Unit' is in the area of fuses/drivers footwell (I have read). I havnt worked out where the modulator could be housed. But surely all three of these things cant have failed, as my mechanics computer suggested. If anyone can shed any light on this id appreciate it.

I can only apologise for my ignorance...

Thanks guys