Portent

Has anyone posted anything to me in the last week?

I had a card through the letter box today for an item that hadn't had the full postage paid on it. I'm not bothered about the extra cost (it's a trivial amount). But I don't think I'm expecting anything and I don't want to pay it and then find out it's a bad recorded delivery letter or something :)

The only thing I can think of is that it's a bit of Corrado trim I've recently bought and forgotten about. But I'm sure I'm not expecting anything.

It's doubly annoying as I was in at the time and they didn't ring the bell. Grrr!

Just go to pick it up, if it doesn't look like its worth having, refuse to take it ;)

It says it's a letter. So I'm worried it's a recorded delivery or something. They usually aren't good news :D I'd have to sign for it and then open it.

Recorded letters are usually done at the post office where they are weighed and correct postage applied, unless its an official letter which is unlikely to have the wrong postage amount, more likely to be a personal envelope which has lost its stamp or never had one

That makes sense. Thanks. I think I'll chance it. But for £1.36 (the £1 is the "handling charge" for their inconvenience!) they can damn well redeliver it to me :D

Haha, I found out what this was when it arrived today. It's a credit note back from my local VW dealer. They did some work on my Golf which went wrong twice so they said they would refund me. But they sent the credit invoice without a stamp. Grrr.