Ger

Ger from Abersoch North Wales

My name is Ger and i live near Abersoch North Wales. I currently own a vw golf mk4 but ive been looking for quite a while now for a corrado. Hoping joining this forum will help me out in finding one!

6343824932_d6aafec767.jpg

[/url]GeralltHughes, on Flickr

You've come to the right place :)

thanks! biggest problem is insurance, they dont like a soon to be 23 year old asking for quotes on a 2.9 VR6 :p

I'm getting away camping to Abersoch in 3 weeks. Will keep an eye out for your car mate. If you see some random drunk tourist pointing and giving a thumbs up don't be too worried. ;-)

I own a VR6 and the premium has finally gone down to a bearable price and i am only 22! There is hope.

Thats good to hear, got a quote of £3,800 for a year fully comp no mods...no thanks! Got another quote off another compare site for £1,800 which considering what some 17 year olds are paying for their corsas, isnt that bad!

I'm getting away camping to Abersoch in 3 weeks. Will keep an eye out for your car mate. If you see some random drunk tourist pointing and giving a thumbs up don't be too worried. ;-)

Awesome! Just seen your signature, will you be down in your corrado or audi 80?! My mates got an audi 80 b2, seems like youve got the same taste in cars as us !

I wish I could go in the Corrado mate. The poor thing's ready for the knackers yard though. Audi's gone now too. Ha ha.. I really should sort my sig out!

Anyway.. Roll on the Vaynol arms. I love getting on the pop in Abersoch.

I've seen a few round that neck of the woods over the past couple of years. blue G60 and Red 16v in Criccieth. Blue VR6 in Pwhelli and a Blackberry VR6 in Abersoch.

Must be something in the water.

You still got the 16v Louie ? I remember this car from the NW meets many moons back. And the bin man who owned it before you. What's wrong with it ?

Saw possibly the same blue VR in Pwllhelli myself last year. Even flyered it for the forum! Got a caravan at Aberdaron, so I'm round that neck of the woods a fair bit. There defo seems to be a good few in N Wales.

Yeah, still got mine. Had a catalogue of fails on its last mot which I never got round to sorting. Shame really.

Didn't know you knew my car mate. A bloke who once fitted an immobiliser did, and said one of the mechanics at Rigby Turner St Helens owned it for a while. Sounds about right as it's got their stickers in although I'm pretty sure they didn't originally supply the car.

Thats good to hear, got a quote of £3,800 for a year fully comp no mods...no thanks! Got another quote off another compare site for £1,800 which considering what some 17 year olds are paying for their corsas, isnt that bad!

£3800 is pretty extortionate! I think i payed £2200 when i first got my VR6. Now my new renewal is £700 so happy days! Hope you find a decent price :)

Yeah, still got mine. Had a catalogue of fails on its last mot which I never got round to sorting. Shame really.

Didn't know you knew my car mate. A bloke who once fitted an immobiliser did, and said one of the mechanics at Rigby Turner St Helens owned it for a while.

Is it repairable ? Only ask as I may be in the market for my next project. Seeing as I'm practically in Skem anyway etc etc...

Yeah I remember it from donkeys back. Probably 2000/2001. I worked out in Southport and bumped into the owner. Billy I think his name was. He was a binman from/on the Wirrall (sounds like a Beatles song). He found it covered in moss and cat paw prints on the drive of a well healed elderly woman that he used to be the environental re-assignment officer for.

After that I feel it may have ended up in your posession.

The blackberry vr6 ive had my eye on since i was a kid. Lady owner lives in Efailnewydd, well looked after paint always clean and she doesnt hang about taking it for a blast some days! Must be something in the water :thumbleft:

I rarely get down your neck of the woods without seeing at least one Ger. See hardly any locally. The people of Wales have them all! Ha ha.

Is it repairable ? Only ask as I may be in the market for my next project. Seeing as I'm practically in Skem anyway etc etc...

Think it's too far gone. Even beforehand it didn't stand up to really close inspection. Poorly filled arches and the like. Donor car only now I feel. Shame. Where you based then James, and do you use your Rado much? As above.. Not seen any round here for ages.

Ger: must be the same VR6. Saw it at speed, so couldn't see the driver. Can't be that many in that colour in that neck of the woods.

Only one that I know of. Still saving all my pennies, will start a build thread if im lucky and find a hidden gem!